Top 5 Foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Frost » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:33 am

Gordi wrote:Hey Barb ,What is BARF?

Biologically Appropriate Raw Food
or
Bones and Raw food

basically the same as raw, with a couple details difference in philosophy
Frost

Postby Gordi » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:36 am

So ,I buy this timberwolf dog food and then i add vegie's and raw meat ?
Gordi

Postby Frost » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:41 am

Errrr

Its a little more complicated than that.... the kibble part, yes you measure it out and throw some in a bowl. the raw part is a big more tricky. I know WHAT I feed but not WHY (at least not in the sense I can teach someone else), only that it gets me the results I need-- a healthy dog.

Hope someone has some raw links for you

ETA: I do not personally believe in any % of the dogs diet being veggies and fruit. maybe a bite here and there if the dog will eat it, but its as useful as the fillers and starches that we know are bad in kibbles. that is to say, not at all!
Frost

Postby hacknvp.com » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:43 pm

ok i got another question by the way i got the goats milk for the little one.....this is what i have for the dogs and tell me what order is best to feed them whcih food for what i have so far.......eggs ,beef tips ,ribs,hearts livers...the fish they wouldnt touch in a big piece but i substituted sardines and they like them but how many do i give them once a week to equal to the whole fish?....anything else i need to add in they might be available to me at the grocery store please let me know
hacknvp.com

Postby tinybubble68 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:27 am

Our oringinal question was to feed puppy food or not to feed puppy food. Not what kind to feed the puppy. Apparently the concenses is not to feed puppy food. But to feed a good quality adult food.
But even a good quality adult food would obvious will not meet all the needs of a growing puppy. So what kind os suppliments and how much and how often do we feed? (If I wanted to know what kind of food to feed my puppy, I would of asked that in our original question.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The top 5 brands of dog food you listed, is Not available in Canada.

:nana:
tinybubble68

Postby Boro » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:32 pm

I've been thinking about food for a while and I'm thinking of buying BARF for my puppy starting next week... I'll buy some goat milk to mix with the proplan food left to help the bones and teeth. Also I'm planning on giving him a mashed raw fish tomorrow maybe a full one divided in three servings throughout the day so he gets accostumed to eating whole raw fish at least once weekly. What do you guys think? Will the pup be able to hanlde that stuff so soon?

I wrote some info on the pup in the introduction...here's the link in case you weren't able to read it :tongue:

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=31530&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Boro
Newborn Bully

Postby ewwies » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:51 am

would royal canine be a good dry food?... can timberworlf be bought at petstores?
ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Wednesday » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:18 am

tinybubble68 wrote:The top 5 brands of dog food you listed, is Not available in Canada

All of the "Top 5" (minus the Timeberwolf) are availble in my little city. Maybe you are not looking in the right places? :dunno:
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby tinybubble68 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:02 pm

Wednesday wrote:
tinybubble68 wrote:The top 5 brands of dog food you listed, is Not available in Canada

All of the "Top 5" (minus the Timeberwolf) are availble in my little city. Maybe you are not looking in the right places? :dunno:

We've never seen it here in My town in British Columbia
tinybubble68

Postby MAD103 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:40 am

Where can I purchase the timberwolf food. I have never seen it and i purchase my food in northern california at petsmarts. and where can i also purchase the barf and raw? which is better, barf or raw? of the timberwolfs, which type or flavor would be better for muscle growth or formation?
MAD103

Postby FelonysMomma » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:10 am

I feel crappy. All this time I'd been killing my dog with Purina HiPro...EEK..
They seemed to be doing good on it but I will switch them over to Natures Variety. I've never heard of Timberwolf...
FelonysMomma

Postby pblove » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:36 am

I just happened to be looking for a specific post, and saw some of you are looking for some of the top 5 foods.
If you go to their web sites, you can usually find the closest store, in your area to buy the food. Or you can order it on loine and have it delivered to your house.
I had to order TimberWolf on line, but that was NOT the food for my dogs, plus it took too long to get here. (but many do not have all the problems with TW that I had ,so not trying to sway anyone, one way or another!)
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby SikBluPit » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 pm

tinybubble68 wrote:
Wednesday wrote:

We've never seen it here in My town in British Columbia

http://www.timberwolforganics.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F8657038&rnd=4909869&rrc=N&affl=&cip=70.72.196.129&act=&aff=&pg=dealloc&stateprov=British%20Columbia
SikBluPit

And the results are in:

Postby rutibegga » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:48 pm

After a week on Wellness, Keely's pooping half as much! Whoot!

(Hey, that's a big deal for us city people who have to carry that poo around in plastic baggies until we can find trash cans!)
rutibegga
Super Bully

Postby HefDogEZ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:24 pm

After reading this I searched and searched and finally found a place to get Timberwolf Organics (apple and lamb i think??) and BARF. I am slowly getting Belle off that Purina puppy chow right now. She got a little bit of timberworld and barf twice today and it looked like she was eating around the purina... i thought it was pretty funny but thanks for that advice. i want her to grow and be a strong long living bully. i am adopting her sister in a month or so, this is going to get expensive!
HefDogEZ

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues