Top 5 Foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Top 5 Foods

Postby pitbulliest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

laiinkyree wrote:I browsed a little bit, but didn't see it on here. What do you guys think of Taste of the Wild?

We've been getting it in Canada for some time now. Its kind of considered a replacement to Timberwolf where I live. TO wasn't too popular to begin with, but with the additional issues they were having and the lousy customer service, I'm not surprised anymore.

As for Taste of the Wild. I think its a decent food.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard, but there is a lot of debate about foods from the U.S. that may be using meat imported from China. There have been border issues with getting some of the kibble, especially that uses red meats, across the border to Canada.

I know for certain that Nature's Variety is having a recall on their raw complete chicken and complete organic chicken patties, so beware!
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Just a heads up from a former "no-grain" feeder.

My girl is 10 but when she was 9 and I had had her for a year, we did a geriatric blood screen and her kidney values were through the roof!! Those super-high protein diets are sometimes too high and lack the amount of fibre and older dog needs. As soon as I switched her to a food that was lower in protein and contained grains, her kidney values normalized and yet she still has a great coat, no allergies :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby angel&shaynesmomma » Thu May 27, 2010 3:27 pm

what do you guys think of the solid gold foods?

I have a 5yr old female that I have never been able to get weight on her an just recently took her to get blood work done an every thing came back good an he told me about solid gold.
I've been using it for about 5 days now an allready a huge improvement. Its the barking at the moon kind an has 41% protein an 20% fat.
angel&shaynesmomma
Newborn Bully

Postby EDiTOR9 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 pm

I currently feed my pit Blue Buffalo chicken and wild rice. I give her a bit of canned mixed in in the morning. I also give her Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried patties and kisses as treats. My lab is very picky and after I thought I had found succes with Blue Buffalo she stopped eating it. Today, I gave her Orijen and she loved it so we'll see how that goes.
EDiTOR9
Newborn Bully

Postby willyg44 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:15 pm

We are currently feeding Leo Taste of the Wild and he has been doing great on it for about 6 months. Coat looks great, great energy, poops are nice and firm, and he goes crazy for the venison flavor! We fed him Wellness Core food before and he did great on that too, but the price is about $15 cheaper for TOTW for 30 lb. bags, so we didn't go back to Wellness. We are now slowly transitioning into raw because it seems to be even cheaper.
willyg44
Newborn Bully

Postby Roxxie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:21 pm

How would Blue Buffalo Wilderness stack up?
Roxxie
Newborn Bully

Postby JSporty1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 am

I feed my pittie girl EVO. It's the only food she can handle. We've had her on a few others, but she had pretty bad digestive issues until we switched her to EVO.
JSporty1
Newborn Bully

Postby BlueKira » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 am

willyg44 wrote:We are currently feeding Leo Taste of the Wild and he has been doing great on it for about 6 months. Coat looks great, great energy, poops are nice and firm, and he goes crazy for the venison flavor! We fed him Wellness Core food before and he did great on that too, but the price is about $15 cheaper for TOTW for 30 lb. bags, so we didn't go back to Wellness. We are now slowly transitioning into raw because it seems to be even cheaper.

Which flavor TOTW are you feeding? I am currently feeding my 1yr female 3-4 cups a day of the high praire formula.
BlueKira
Newborn Bully

Postby bullimom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 pm

We've got all 3 of ours on Diamond:Extreme Athlete and they love it! Their coats are gorgeous and they're building more muscle mass with ever day! This food has been great for them with their exercise level.
bullimom
Newborn Bully

Postby Chasesdad » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:28 am

Ok I Found a food that Chase LOVES, its a seasonal blend. It is made by Natural Recipe, the flavor is Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Pumpkin! He just loves it!
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Patch O' Pits » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:38 am

I think we need a new list up as the old list has some that no longer would be considered in the top...
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Chasesdad » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:07 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:I think we need a new list up as the old list has some that no longer would be considered in the top...

Yeah I would love to see a new list!
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby LouDiamondz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 am

This guy at pet co swears up and down Blue Buffalo is THE best food out there for pits. but i dont see too much talk about it on here. Opinions?
LouDiamondz
Newborn Bully

Postby kornygerm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:37 am

i been feeding my dogs Olroy which i recently found out its one of the worst so im trying to persuade my dad to buy a better brand next time that its not too expensive either.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:58 am

Whole Dog Journal puts out a good list of foods every year. Check it out if you haven't.
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues