Damn raw bones!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby HugABull1 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:33 pm

moto - that SUCKS! I hope your doggers are okay.

That was me that posted the pics of 100# of beef bones lol. I feed raw and have no problems. The bones in the pic are all sorts - A lot of time I can't tell what body part(s) it is, but I sometimes recognize shoulders, knees, femurs, and vertebrae with bits of rib attached. I get my meaty bones right from a slaughterhouse/abbatoir that my family used to deal with when we raised our own beef. I bring it home, divide it up into freezer bags, and put it straight into the deep freeze. I used to thaw the bones out, but now I just give 'em frozen, my dogs do fine with them. I've had NO problems with splintering or anything, although Angel will often swallow a chunk that's too big to pass and puke it up later (she's the puking queen).

My vet recommends BARF in my case, as Gage has major allergies, and he's personally "approved" my dog's diet :))
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby jmann4 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your trouble Moto. I hope they are okay. Just a side note, some bones still splinter. It also depends on the dog, some don't digest them very good which can lead to problems.

Hope all turns out well.
jmann4

Postby mnp13 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:11 pm

moto1320 wrote:Michelle, there isn't a real butcher anywhere near here. And everything comes pre cut at the grocery now.

PM me your zip code, I have a few sources that may be able to give me leads for you.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby CinderDee » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:23 am

Moto,

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the dogs are better now.

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby kazuo » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:43 am

hope they feel better soon
kazuo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Health Issues