Bald where her collar is...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
millierocks

Bald where her collar is...

Postby millierocks » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:06 pm

Millie is losing all her hair where her collar is right under her throat...Is this ok? Is it possibly from her collar rubbing, when she pulls? She is getting better at the walking, I have been doing the slack lead thingy, and she completely understands...but I am starting to worry about this missing fur thing...her collar is loose enough...should I perhaps remove ger collar and only put it on for walks?

GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:02 pm

Angel doesnt have any hair there either, Greddy has some but its very thin. I think its normal ?

Naplis Slim
Newborn Bully

Postby Naplis Slim » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:07 am

I only put a collar/harness on my dogs when we go for walks. Other than that they are in the nude...

shadyridgekennel

Postby shadyridgekennel » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:56 am

yea its from the collar, you can but collars with fleece lining them.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 am

I don't like my dogs to go nekkid because I want their tags on them at all times.
I have been noticing a lot of hemp collars and leashes, they are very, very soft. You might want to check them out?
Look at Fosters and Smith on line or catalogue, saw them there recently.

millierocks

Postby millierocks » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:34 pm

thank-you.
I definantly need a very strong collar, due to Millie pulling, she has a good strong leather one on now, but it is actually wearing thin where the attachment is for leash...
Pet smart has the nicest pink nylon collar with little fake stones, but i'm not sure if it will be strong enough... I have full intentions of going shopping at petsmart tonight, soon, I wanna get Millie a good strong toy to play with and a nice pretty new collar...
She isn't liking her kong, even when I stuff it, she prefers empty pepsi bottles lol..little weirdo...

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:44 pm

millierocks wrote:thank-you.
I definantly need a very strong collar, due to Millie pulling, she has a good strong leather one on now, but it is actually wearing thin where the attachment is for leash...
Pet smart has the nicest pink nylon collar with little fake stones, but i'm not sure if it will be strong enough... I have full intentions of going shopping at petsmart tonight, soon, I wanna get Millie a good strong toy to play with and a nice pretty new collar...
She isn't liking her kong, even when I stuff it, she prefers empty pepsi bottles lol..little weirdo...

Have you tried the prong for pulling, it whas worked wonders and Darla doesn't pull anymore..your objective should be to get her off the proing at some point though....As far as the collar I second the motion for hemp, saw it at petsmart, or leather, which we have and love!!

millierocks

Postby millierocks » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:07 pm

yes was thinkin of trying the prong, but being the ditzy blonde that i am, i do not want to use it incorrectly...pehaps one of you nice forum ppl can post me a pic on how exactly to use a prong? like placement etc.?
Millie is learning fairly well using the stop everytime she pulls trick.
I have also found that if i just tug back on her leash abit and say her name in a firm voice she slows down too!! I s this ok to do?

lovemylucy
Super Bully

Postby lovemylucy » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:08 pm

This website has pictures and instructions on how to place and use the collar...........in my opinion the collar makes all the difference. http://www.leerburg.com/fit-prong.htm

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:52 pm

millierocks wrote:yes was thinkin of trying the prong, but being the ditzy blonde that i am, i do not want to use it incorrectly...pehaps one of you nice forum ppl can post me a pic on how exactly to use a prong? like placement etc.?
Millie is learning fairly well using the stop everytime she pulls trick.
I have also found that if i just tug back on her leash abit and say her name in a firm voice she slows down too!! I s this ok to do?

I would have her fitted by someone, usually a trainer...where are you at in SO cal?

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:54 pm

Scratch that...reverse it, your in Ontario, can't help :sad: :oops:

I had a trainer fit mine, it sits high on the neck and you can take the links out, also, it's a smaller prong that does the job, not the big ol hankin ones....I would definitly call the places who sell them and see if they have a person on staff who can fit Millie.

Return to “Health Issues”