nervous daddy?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

nervous daddy?

Postby addy's daddy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:23 pm

hey,

this morning my wife gave my pup a little tiny corner of a pig ear. About 2 hours later she was laying down and was shivering. She got up and puked up her dog food. It was whole and fairly dry.

She puked 2 more times, much more than she ate this morning.

she had her 2nd round of puppy shots yesterday and we were informed to watch out for the runs.

she pooped yesterday but not today.

am i freaking out? or is it the shots and/or the pig ear?

she's not violently sick but out of it for sure. I'll call the vet on monday, but it scared us. any ideas?

ps. i just increased her food ammount friday.

joe
addy's daddy

Re: nervous daddy?

Postby Taowulf » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:59 pm

addy's daddy wrote:hey,

this morning my wife gave my pup a little tiny corner of a pig ear. About 2 hours later she was laying down and was shivering. She got up and puked up her dog food. It was whole and fairly dry.

She puked 2 more times, much more than she ate this morning.

she had her 2nd round of puppy shots yesterday and we were informed to watch out for the runs.

she pooped yesterday but not today.

am i freaking out? or is it the shots and/or the pig ear?

she's not violently sick but out of it for sure. I'll call the vet on monday, but it scared us. any ideas?

ps. i just increased her food ammount friday.

joe

It could be both. Pig's ears are very high in fat, and a little corner could be like us attacking a tub of lard.
Taowulf

Postby addy's daddy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:55 pm

well, must have been the pig ear.

she's back to normal now. Still waiting for a poop, but she's back to full tear.

thnks
addy's daddy

Postby moto1320 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:49 pm

When we got Riley he hadn't ever had a toy or treat in his life. His stomach just wasn't tolerant of them in the beginning. I don't know if it would be the same with pups, but he wretched his brains out the first time I gave him a pigs ear even though he loved them.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Fish » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:44 pm

Gave my puppy !!!!! My wife would have me tared and feathered if I wrote that, lol
Fish

Postby addy's daddy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46 pm

lol

yeah, wasnt thinking...

my puppy.

her BABY

just a scare... she's totally fine now. Even jumped in the pool at the Father's day get together. She chased the kids around and had a great time.

later
addy's daddy

Postby chewalotopus » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:03 am

glad to hear she's fine! whew! :))
chewalotopus

Return to Health Issues