ADVICE QUICK!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

ADVICE QUICK!!

Postby shella677 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:29 pm

I'm not sure what's wrong with my lil man Ace. He woke me up this morning around 4am to go outside, when I walked downstairs there was lil squirts of diareeha(sp) already down there. so he went out and did some more. Once back in bed he jumped off again and went downstairs to the door again, he did the same thing, then came back to bed and got down again and vomited on the floor, 2 diff. times, both times it was just chewed dog food. I just now got home from work and was looking forward to having a mess in his crate, he did not. But as soon as I let him out he ran to the door, he went out and diareeha just poured out (sorry guys) then he vomited a lil, it was yellow in color. then he went out again and came back in with blood on his butt, so I went outsde and there was no signs of blood in his poop just on his butt, so I was thinking his butt might might be raw from going to the bathroom so much. But that still dosent explain why hes been vomiting and having diareeha so much, he is current on all his vaccanations. Does anyone know what this could be or should I go ahead and take him to his vets??
shella677

Postby shella677 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:45 pm

Well he just went to the bathroom again and there was blood in it, so i called the vet and I am taking him in about 20 mins. I hope to god its not parvo, hes had all his shots and the only dogs he's been around is my friends dogs and I know they have been vaccinated too. And my other dog is not acting any differently at all. I guess I'll find out shortly
shella677

Postby chewalotopus » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:46 pm

Sound serious! :sad: take him to the vet immediately. What you described sounds like what happened when my pups got parvo - but that doesn't mean that's what the problem is! Wait until you see the vet to hear what he/she has to say! Good luck!
chewalotopus

Postby Boo439 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:58 pm

Good luck to you. Hope it's not Parvo...
Boo439

Postby shella677 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:17 pm

Just got back from the vet,and it's not parvo :thumbsup: , she said it seemed to her that he got into something, dead animal or maybe something toxic, he just has to be on a bland diet for a couple of days and has some anitbiotics to take
shella677

Postby barbponys » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:30 pm

With anitbiotics you might want to get some plain yogurt. It has the digestive enzymes in it and will keep the intestinal tract flora in good shape. A tablespoon or so per meal should do the trick.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby jmann4 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:36 pm

Glad to hear it's not parvo and hope Ace gets better soon.
jmann4

Postby Boo439 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:04 pm

Glad to hear Ace is parvo-free!!! Get Well Soon, Ace!!!
Boo439

Postby moto1320 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:26 pm

Sorry to hear the pups sick. Glad it wasn't worse though. :thumbsup:
moto1320
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:07 pm

Poor pup! I'm glad he's gonna be OK, though!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby chewalotopus » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:12 am

:clap Yay! No parvo, thank goodness! Go Ace!
chewalotopus

Postby TheMissingSock » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:39 pm

i had a dog go through that after being stung by a wasp. she was allergic.

glad the vet got you on the right track!
TheMissingSock

Return to Health Issues