Raw food help

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Raw food help

Postby jcolt32 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:19 am

I need some advice from expereinced BARFers.

I have begun feeding RAW. Actually, I do Canidae in the morning and Raw in the evening. But, my dogs have been eating more grass this week. Does this mean I need to increase veggies? Or is it just coincidence? Any help is appreciated.
jcolt32

Postby barbponys » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:43 am

What is your raw formula, meat to veggie %. What's the veggie component. I do a lot of green leafy stuff(kale, swiss chard, collard greens, mustard greens, leafy lettuces) and not a lot of hard veggies. My dogs graze all the time, when I open up the back property for the horses they are right there grazing with them.
barbponys
Health Guru

Meat Veggie %

Postby jcolt32 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:48 am

I'm not sure what the % is. I use Breeders Choice and Bravo Raw. They come mixed with the veggies and ground bone already. They also get Nupro supplement along with Raw meaty bones once or twice a week.
jcolt32

Postby barbponys » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:07 pm

Ok........the Breeders Choice is suppse to be 90% meat so it's a good ratio. I don't know what the veggie component is in that one.......you might want to consider adding leafy greens a couple of times a week. Perhaps some berries and fruit once in a while. I'm not familiar with the Bravo.........where is it made? Is there a website?

I know the BC is supplemented so I would go easy on the Nupro, too much isn't a good thing.

I don't get real concerned with grazing personally. They don't throw up afterwards, well they do once in a great while, and I figure since they get a good diet they must be wanting a little extra green. Unless you are having problems with vomiting I don't know that I would be too concerned.
barbponys
Health Guru

Bravo

Postby jcolt32 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

http://www.bravorawdiet.com/
jcolt32

Postby Leslie H » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:18 pm

Xanny is on Breeder's Choice, Bravo, and Oma's Pride, nothing else, except 1 raw egg, including shell each day. The homeopathic vet I used steered me to the Bravo, but is fine w/the other 2. He's very particular, so I feel confident. She's been on them since September, and it has been great for her.
Leslie H
Regulator

Thanks for the feedback

Postby jcolt32 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:09 pm

Leslie H wrote:Xanny is on Breeder's Choice, Bravo, and Oma's Pride, nothing else, except 1 raw egg, including shell each day. The homeopathic vet I used steered me to the Bravo, but is fine w/the other 2. He's very particular, so I feel confident. She's been on them since September, and it has been great for her.

My dogs love the raw. I ran out of the bravo and BC the other day , so i gave some ground up burger meat with some Dr. Harvey's veggies.

thanks
jcolt32

Postby barbponys » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:22 pm

I feed the Breeders Choice to the pug, just to make sure he's getting all he needs supplement wise. The other two get it sometimes as well. It feeds well and I have had no problems with any of the kids eating it.

Can either of you give me some info on the Bravo?? Is there a website? I love reading about different raw formulas.
barbponys
Health Guru

bravo website

Postby dbrat368 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:08 pm

barbponys wrote:I feed the Breeders Choice to the pug, just to make sure he's getting all he needs supplement wise. The other two get it sometimes as well. It feeds well and I have had no problems with any of the kids eating it.

Can either of you give me some info on the Bravo?? Is there a website? I love reading about different raw formulas.

good stuff - http://www.bravorawdiet.com/
dbrat368

Postby barbponys » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:03 am

Thanks for the website. It's a great looking product, it needs to move west though! There's more to the west than California :)). I sent them an email hope to hear from them soon. I like the variety they offer, sounds like a food that would do well here.
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues