shedding

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

shedding

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:22 am

now i know its summer and dogs shed but sheese is rod ever a mess.

i was brushing him last night before bed and i was out side for over a half hr brushing hime. i use the red rubber curry brush. the fur just kept on coming off. it was insane. i could have gone all night just brushing.

may be i need to brush him everyday because he sheds so much in my house. my furniture and my couch have an irredescent orange glow.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby TheMissingSock » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:05 am

i have no helpful information on this, however a stupid story.

years ago my ex-bfu and i were looking to adopt a dog from rescue. (we got a great girl that he now has and i have Phoebe)

we were laughing at the stupid questions on the application that are used to screen out the "undesireables". the lady was telling us some of the stories of stupid people wanting to adopt dogs.

for example: a few people have requested specific colors of dogs, just so they would match their furniture and carpet. these people didn't really care what breed, as long as they matched their interior decorating scheme.

my advice to those people? get fish

my house is covered in white and black dog hair and i wouldn't have it any other way lol
TheMissingSock

Postby mnp13 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:11 am

Give him a bath, it will get most of it out all at once.
mnp13

Postby jmann4 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:23 pm

Give him a good brushing, then give him a bath. The first brushing will get all the hair that's just lying around, the bath with get a lot of the hair underneath.

Once he dries, brush him again.

I brush my dogs twice a day and they're still shedding freaks.
jmann4

Postby junaraz1 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:15 pm

Before I got my first Pit, I did a lot of research about the breed. I've read that they were "light" shedders--that was a big lie!
junaraz1

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:11 pm

junaraz1 wrote:Before I got my first Pit, I did a lot of research about the breed. I've read that they were "light" shedders--that was a big lie!

yeah same hear. when my boy was a pup i read all that slop too.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:20 am

It's very amusing how people assume that long haired dogs shed alot and short hairs don't. It's the exact opposite, short hairs shed hair 24/7 and long hairs blow their coat twice a year. Or are suppose to anyway.

So many people think Pugs are adorable goof balls, very true, they are, however, double coated and shed like fiends. Goliath sheds more hair in a day than any 7 dogs I know. Black pugs aren't double coated so they are much easier to deal with...........till you get to the sking problems.

Brush more regularly, before you bathe brush him and after he's dry brush again. Makes a huge difference.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby elegy » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:38 am

i musta gotten a weirdo freak dog. she doesn't shed much at all. a little bit, but certainly not enough to leave a red sheen anywhere, not even on the blanket in her crate.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby phez718 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:06 am

elegy wrote:i musta gotten a weirdo freak dog. she doesn't shed much at all. a little bit, but certainly not enough to leave a red sheen anywhere, not even on the blanket in her crate.

Me too elegy. Casey doesn't shed seemingly at all, although I know he does. I don't see his hairs anytime unless I'm wearing those kind of pants(usually BLACK pants) that attract BROWN dog hair(and cat hair, I have WHITE a long-haired cat :roll: )
phez718

Postby damienApbt » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:49 pm

i wish...every time rod get off the couch there is an orange outline where he was laying. if i was petting him on the couch and he got up theres a pile of hair right next to me.

oh, and dont even think about wearing black in the car. i dont own one black peice of clothing.

he sheds like its his job
damienApbt
Regulator

Return to Health Issues