Albino pit with black spots on body ?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:04 pm

My boy Piper is white (mostly.. he has two tan patches) and he has developed more and more black "freckles" on his skin as he's gotten older. He's just over two years old, and he still gets new black spots. I just noticed yesterday that he's getting a new one on the rim of his eye.
His brother Shades had brown freckles on his skin.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:06 pm

I didn’t pay much attention in science class, but I’m led to believe that if a dog has ANY pigment, they’re not an albino. Its also likely your dog will get more pigment on his nose as he grows up.

HartagoldAST

Postby HartagoldAST » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:22 pm

sumik wrote:The only thing that doesn't convince me, since albino's have the spots on the body is the eye color, cuz it's not pink.
And the dog is only 6weeks old by the way.

Agggggghhhhh. How long have you been reading on this board?? WHY do you have a pup that is only 6 weeks old? This pup should be with the mom & littermates for another TWO weeks! Any breeder that let you take the pup that young is totally irresponsible. And you need to find a new vet asap, the one you have is obviously lacking in education if he would tell you something that dumb. Did he suggest you get the dog BAER tested?? All or mostly white dogs in this breed are often deaf or partly deaf. And didn't he say anything about you having the pup that young????

Please, find yourself a different vet, and if possible take that pup back to mom and the littermates for another 2 weeks while you're looking for a reputable vet.

Your pup is not albino, and why does that matter so much to you to try to find "proof" that he is? :dunno:

sumik

Postby sumik » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:21 pm

I'm not trying hard to find the proof that the dog "is" albino. I was just confused from what the vet told me. And I wanted to make sure. I was almost sure that he was not albino but when te;lls u he is then u'r gonna take the experienced word of a vet and not what u think.
I did the right thing and second guessed him and asked for advice here.

Plus I have the dog cuz my female just had puppies.
Took him to vet cuz I got scared of the brown skin spots that appeared on him.
Was supposed to take the dogs for shoots at 8 weeks but i took him on saturday cuz I couldn't wait 2 more weeks when I'll take em for shots to find out if the spots r just color or if he has some sickness.
And yes I agree on the vet, very unproffesionall.

killeenpits
Adolescent Bully

Postby killeenpits » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:21 am

I had alot of people ask me if Chico was albino too, but he's not. You can see from the picture the spots all over his skin underneath his fur. An albino dog has total lack of pigment. Pink nose, eyes, skin etc. Absolutely no pigment at all. If the skin is pigmented it can't albino. Too many people think that just because the fur is white that it is an albino.

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 am

Did you breed this litter of puppies?

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:56 am

Uhhhhhhh, Ontario. Breeding Pits. :yucky:

You asked about supplementing the pups with food earlier, right?

Corliss797

Postby Corliss797 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:51 pm

I'm going to turn a blind eye to the possibility that this guy intentionally bred his dog and say this....Murphy, the boy in the avatar, was pretty much all white with pinkish skin when we got him. over the past year he has gotten more and more spots just like you described. they really show up when he is wet. our vet told us that these are compltely normal, and that as the dog ages, he might get more of them, and they will probably darken. that is exactly what has happened with Murph, and now when he gets wet, he kinda looks like a cow lol Definitely find a new vet!! or many clip the definition of albino from the dictionary and bring it along on your next visit!

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:17 pm

I forgot to say, my all white, profoundly deaf bull/boxer has a ton of black spots on her. They are easily seen when she's dry, when she's wet, they are all you see.

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby satanscheerleader » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:33 am

Awwwwwwww............ look at his drop ears and his sweet face! :inlove:
killeenpits wrote:Image

nan
Matured Bully

Postby nan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:34 pm

Yes, the dog was bred intentionally. In Ontario. We had that discussion on this thread...

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25529&highlight=

My all white foster is supposed to be about a year old and has lots of dark spots under her white coat. It's totally normal. Here's a picture of her where you can really see her spots. Her coat is very fine there on her neck, and the skin shows through.

She's also stone deaf, which is a consequence of lack of pigment and why breeding all-white pit bulls is not a good idea. You should have the white pup or pups (if there's more than one) hearing tested, because there's a good chance they may be deaf.

How is it going, finding homes for the pups? I can tell you from personal experience that it takes a loooonnng time to find a good home for a deaf pit bull.

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:51 pm

Not gonna get on you at all...what's done is done...the spots are called ticking and even my girl has them under her white blaze. it's normal. and their coat keeps changing, ask anyone here....

sumik

Postby sumik » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:40 pm

So i see we're back to my previous topic :)

Wanna let u guys know that all the puppies r gone
I only have one more left but I have 3 ppl that want him, they're like trying to convince me to give it to them, everyone wants him, lol
Yeah, my friends and family took 5 and the other 5 r gone, ppl payed deposit for them, brought ther\ir own collars.
And i was really astonished that almost every person had a pit before or has one and wants one more, just wow.

nan
Matured Bully

Postby nan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:12 pm

You sold all the puppies at six weeks old or younger? Wow. And at that age, I would guess they're all still intact, right? I would repeat what HAG (who is a responsible breeder and knows what she's talking about) said about it being bad news for the pups to be away from their mom that young...but it all seems so pointless. None of the advice anyone has given you seems to have had any impact. :sad: Did you at least warn the buyers of the white pup that their dog might be deaf?

Corliss797

Postby Corliss797 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:19 pm

I sure hope you warned the buyers of your puppies that the pups may be deaf!! I am fairly sure that the reason Murphy was abanodoned in a shelter was because his previous owners didn't know he was deaf and probably just thought he was dumb. It was a few months before we even realized that he was deaf, but lucky for him, we put up with him and just thought he was really stubborn lol . having a deaf dog can be great, and really rewarding, but it definitely takes a lot more work than your average dog, and a LOT more patience. i'd be shocked if each and every one of those people you sold those pups too would be willing to take on a deaf dog!!

Return to “Health Issues”