What to do???????

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:53 am

Yeah, dogs can look pretty crappy when they're in heat. Coat problems are a common complaint. As far as the blood, she shouldn't start gushing it out. It will remain sprinklets and splotches for a while. Its when the bleeding stops that you really have to be careful -- not that you don't have to be careful already -- because that's when she goes into "standing" heat, where she'll actually breed with a male.

Good luck. I don't envy you. Hopefully one heat will be enough to convince your brother that he really wants to get this girl spayed. lol

my_china

Postby my_china » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:41 am

Yea i know what your saying but since she is in heat she doesnt go outside for 1 minute unattended its as simple as that. I wish another dog would hop my fence im going to go across his head with a pole

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:10 am

my_china wrote:Yea i know what your saying but since she is in heat she doesnt go outside for 1 minute unattended its as simple as that. I wish another dog would hop my fence im going to go across his head with a pole

wth??
why would you intentionally hurt a dog for being a dog????
you let an in heat bitch out in the yard, an intact male is sure to follow (if there are any in your area)

Mallory

Postby Mallory » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:06 pm

Alright, just keep her in mostly and stock up on pads. My experience with females is they rarely hardly ever bleed all the time and are even heavy about it, get her the thin light ones with wings and small girl undies.Change the pad often.Also baby wipes get rid of any smells and will keep her clean. That should do the trick when your bro gets tired of her bleeding he'll come to his senses. Good Luck with China! :thumbsup:

shadyridgekennel

Postby shadyridgekennel » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:05 am

ehehhe well let me tell ya lol we have our show dog Rage who is having her first heat now she been in heat for a week or so and man she just became a champion :headbang: and i'll tell ya all iam really thinking about spaying her when she gets her Grand champion..BITCHES IN HEAT SUCK!!!!!!!!! omg and esp. Rage she gives a new meaning to the word bitch!!!!!!! :twisted:

Mallory

Postby Mallory » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:44 pm

shadyridgekennel wrote:
Rage she gives a new meaning to the word bitch!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

roflmao roflmao roflmao

shadyridgekennel

Postby shadyridgekennel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:43 pm

oh my god thank god she is coming out of her heat :bowdown:

my_china

Postby my_china » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:26 pm

She actually is pretty good i though she might be mean to people and all that for some reason but she acts the same. The only thing i notcie she does is seperate herself more from everyone and when the bitch is in heat does she tend to use the bathroom more cause she always wants to be outside

shadyridgekennel

Postby shadyridgekennel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:58 pm

Rage is not to bad, but with other animals forget it, but she is some what dog agro anyways but Dam lol and when she was in 'standing heat' ya couldt even touch her cuz her donkey would allways go up in the air :roll:

HartagoldAST

Postby HartagoldAST » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:57 pm

Mallory wrote:Alright, just keep her in mostly and stock up on pads. My experience with females is they rarely hardly ever bleed all the time and are even heavy about it, get her the thin light ones with wings and small girl undies.

Well I can tell you mine bleed like STUCK PIGS part of the time. I start them out with the lighter pads, but quickly move up to the heavier maxi-pads- usually go thru a 24 pack of them before it slows back down so I can use the light ones again (this is changing the pad several times a day). I go to the Dollar Store and buy the regular women's maxi pads there, it's only about $2 a pack for the 24 pack. Keep a couple of pair of the underpants so you can switch them back & forth while one is in the wash- they will get blood on them, since she'll still be moving around/playing and the pants will scrooch down and need pulled up 3,000 times a day.

The minute mine are done with their show/breeding career, they are spayed! You'd have to be NUTS to want to keep them intact if it wasn't necessary! It's messy, your house will smell like used tampons (yes, your WHOLE house will have that lovely aroma for a few weeks!), and you'll probably have male dogs lined up near your house, lifting their leg on your house, fence, cars, etc. Every dog you meet is going to stick his nose into you HARD and sniff you like it was a narc dog looking for drugs lol.

Good luck, you're gonna need it!! roflmao

Pit Chick
Forum Junky

Postby Pit Chick » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:41 am

my_china wrote:The only thing i notcie she does is seperate herself more from everyone and when the bitch is in heat does she tend to use the bathroom more cause she always wants to be outside

She wants to be outside to let the world know she's in season. Doesn't do her any good to be inside, the roaming male dogs can't get to her in there.

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:05 pm

As far as the shedding goes, a lot of times shedding can be a sign of stress. If she was shedding before she went into heat, and she's had mange and been on meds, and THEN went into heat, no telling how the poor gal's feeling. Is the shedding getting any better? DId you find any low cost spaying programs? Call around and get different prices. Make sure you check out the Humane Society, sometimes they will do it cheaper.

Return to “Health Issues”