Female wont poop

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
VIP Prez

Female wont poop

Postby VIP Prez » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:29 pm

She doesnt have a problem peeing out side, but she will not WILL NOT poop outside. I've tried letting her out side every hour still nothing.

But soon as i place her in the backroom, she goes!!!

Last week I took her out the back round and placed her in the create, she was fine. Walked her, she peed, nothing else. Placed her back in the cage for the next morning, she peed, nothing else. That was day 2, so I left her in the back room, she pooped....ugh

It was almost 4 days since she pooped, BUT soon as i placed her in the backroom, she went. I dont get it. Shes holding it way to much. The vet said there is nothing wrong with her. She just likes going on my floor :crybaby:

VIP Prez

Postby VIP Prez » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:38 pm

please anyone

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:30 pm

Hmm. Maybe when you bring her back inside after no poops, you should return her right to her crate. Then after a bit, straight from her crate to outside. If she doesn't poop, straight back to the crate. If she does poop, then she gets her house privledges restored. Other than that, watch her like a hawk and if she looks like she's going to poop, grab her and rush her outside. I would definitely crate her when you cannot be there to watch because you would have no way of correcting her or preventing it from happening.

VIP Prez

Postby VIP Prez » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:32 pm

This is really pissing me off.

My girlfriend letted her out her create and allowed her to run the house with my others pitties. She ran down the steps for 10 seconds and went. I ranted and ranted to her about the matter and she doesnt seem to give a rats ass about helping me house break her....but it was her idea to save her.... :roll:

Thanks for the info, after the vet told me she just was holding it, I feel much better.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:57 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:Hmm. Maybe when you bring her back inside after no poops, you should return her right to her crate. Then after a bit, straight from her crate to outside. If she doesn't poop, straight back to the crate. If she does poop, then she gets her house privledges restored. Other than that, watch her like a hawk and if she looks like she's going to poop, grab her and rush her outside. I would definitely crate her when you cannot be there to watch because you would have no way of correcting her or preventing it from happening.
I agree with this post. Also maybe you can keep her out longer and walk her a longer period of time until she gets what she is supposed to do.

How long have you had her? She also may need more time to ajust and learn what is expected of her.

Tell your GF to get with the program or not to let her out ... in a nice way of course heheh

VIP Prez

Postby VIP Prez » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:16 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
bahamutt99 wrote:Hmm. Maybe when you bring her back inside after no poops, you should return her right to her crate. Then after a bit, straight from her crate to outside. If she doesn't poop, straight back to the crate. If she does poop, then she gets her house privledges restored. Other than that, watch her like a hawk and if she looks like she's going to poop, grab her and rush her outside. I would definitely crate her when you cannot be there to watch because you would have no way of correcting her or preventing it from happening.
I agree with this post. Also maybe you can keep her out longer and walk her a longer period of time until she gets what she is supposed to do.

How long have you had her? She also may need more time to ajust and learn what is expected of her.

Tell your GF to get with the program or not to let her out ... in a nice way of course heheh

About 3 weeks and she NEVER took a poop out side...

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby satanscheerleader » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:00 am

I'd keep her out of the back room if that is where she keeps going. If she goes in the house take the poo outside and put it where you want her to go. When she sniffs it praise her like she just pooped. :dunno:

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:53 am

LOL. Put a lock on the crate so the g/f can't let her out. Tell her she'll be next if she doesn't toe the line. Mua ha ha!

:duel:

telomere

Postby telomere » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:18 am

Dogs develop very strong associations to the texture of where they're standing when they go to the bathroom - and they also pick up majorly on the tiny scents that are left, even after you've scrubbed your carpet like crazy.

Taking her poop outside is a VERY good idea. Praising the dog for going outside works wonderfully, and giving them a treat IMMEDIATELY after they finish is even better.

Return to “Health Issues”