HELP!!! My dog has a major flatulence problem

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
gixxerfreak

HELP!!! My dog has a major flatulence problem

Postby gixxerfreak » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:07 am

I have changed foods and now he's on Pro Plan. But his farting continues. What can I do? It's to a point that my wife and I are sitting there watching TV and we'll hear a PSSSSSST!! and then we pass out from the smell. Sometimes it even sounds like a ripping sound. Which now he's competing with me!!! :thumbsup:

But I feel it happens way to often.

What can it be and what can I do?

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:15 am

Stop feeding him ProPlan and/or try adding *plain* yogurt to his food.

gixxerfreak

Postby gixxerfreak » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:27 am

Alright so what do you recommend that I feed him that I can purchase at either PetsSmart or a local pet store....

pitbullsrock214

Postby pitbullsrock214 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:59 am

air freshner. Just spray it by is butt lol jk. We had this problem with a chihuahua we had. We eventually had to take him to the vet and they gave some gas pills. I don't rember the exact name, but I know pet smart sells some pills that is for poochie gas.

jaygirl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jaygirl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am

I would give your dog something without animal by products. Something like Wysong or Solid Gold. I give my dogs Solid Gold now.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:26 am

gixxerfreak wrote:Alright so what do you recommend that I feed him that I can purchase at either PetsSmart or a local pet store....

We don't have a whole lot of good choices around here either...
We can find Wellness, Solid Gold, and Califonia Natural around here.

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:32 am

If you switch to a better quality food and continue to have problems try adding pro-biotics for a week or so. Eagle Pack makes them specifically for dogs, with chicken flavour (yummy!) as does Udo's Choice.

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:23 pm

The only thing PetSmart sells that's even a little bit good is Blue Buffalo. Check out the Top 5 food thread for other foods to look for.

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:09 pm

is it possible that the dog is eating something else? Sad to say but my girl gets really bad ones when she eats either cat food or cat poop...something in it makes her toot, and it lasts for 3 days!!! :yucky:

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:21 pm

I am a firm believer that anything Purina makes is crap. My poor dog looked like a stray with mange when we were feeding him ProPlan. (Made a quick switch to Eukanuba and donated the rest of that bag to the animal shelter.)

Solid Gold is a good food. We feed Nature's Variety now, which is awesome because it comes in a kibble and a raw form. If you're interested in something that Petsmart doesn't carry, look it up on the Internet and they can usually give you a list of local dealers.

Return to “Health Issues”