barf diet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

where did you get your sweet lil' pit ?

shelter
35%
rescue
18%
pet store
No votes
reputible breeder
12%
byb ( back yard breeder)
29%
stray
6%

Total votes : 17

Postby Kirstan » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:57 am

Lots of people told me in the beginning that it was a money saver and maybe it is for some but, for example (my dogs diets), goat's milk yogurt is $5.49 for a big thing of it - it lasts like a week and a half - the free range, organic chicken necks are $10 for 20 lbs for 2 dogs it lasts 2 weeks. Organic vegetables (seasonal) are whatever they are at the time. Carlsons fish oil is $18 for a big bottle of it. The glucosamine/chondroiton supp is anywhere from $20 on up and the MSM is $10. Vitamin E is $10 and the grinder is $100. Not that you need all that but that's what it was to start for me. Eggs and apple cider are, like, $5. every week and a half. The 'healthy powder' supplement is $40 for a BIG bag of it - lasts for a long time. It's not cheap, not expensive. What it is - beneficial, time consuming, controversial. Beneficial is my reason for using it.

Most will tell you the best diet you can feed is the homemade diet prepared correctly and the worst diet you can feed is the homemade diet prepared incorrectly.

Do your research - have a nutritionist help you.

luck - k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby chewalotopus » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:54 am

we just started it this week, so I can't offer much but a good luck to you!~! :))
chewalotopus

Return to Health Issues