Timberwolf anyone?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Timberwolf anyone?

Postby pblove » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:30 pm

I know a lot of you feed TW.
Have you seen any positive improvements since you have been feeding TW?
Reason I ask, my dogs have been on the TW chicken for little under five weeks now.
One of the dogs looks the same,(which is not a good thing actually) two of the dogs looks like their coats are going down hill, loosing their shine, dry and getting brittle almost??
I did order the elk last Thurdsay, but it has not gotten here, yet so we shall see what the elk brings.
Hope the elk is better then the chicken formula though?

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:31 pm

You switched from NV?

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:31 pm

My GSD is on TW and his coat sucks. I don't know what the problem is. It's greasy, his hair is falling out more than usual, and his hair is really dry and brittle. He looks scummy. lol When he finishes the other bag I have, I'm putting him on Canidae. Toda's on Canidae and he looks great!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:55 pm

X-girl wrote:You switched from NV?

yes, I switched them on sept 24, got the chicken because they were eating NV chicken.

boo,
how long has your GSD been on TW?
and thanks for the replies too :thumbsup:

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Timberwolf anyone?

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:57 pm

pblove wrote:I know a lot of you feed TW.
Have you seen any positive improvements since you have been feeding TW?
Reason I ask, my dogs have been on the TW chicken for little under five weeks now.
One of the dogs looks the same,(which is not a good thing actually) two of the dogs looks like their coats are going down hill, loosing their shine, dry and getting brittle almost??
I did order the elk last Thurdsay, but it has not gotten here, yet so we shall see what the elk brings.
Hope the elk is better then the chicken formula though?
Mine look the same as they did when I fed Wellness in all honesty to me. Though My BF says they look better to him. LOL I don't know . I feed TW Elk and Salmon

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:01 pm

Was there a reason you left NV?

From what you guys are saying, I'm *glad* I can't get TW around here. I haven't even considered trying TW because of that and I refuse to order dog food and have it shipped to me.

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:02 pm

He's almost done with one full bag. (The biggest one they sell) He eats 4 even cups a day. I don't know exactly what time-frame he's been on it, but I saw a decline soon after him starting it. All I know is his coat did NOT look like that before I started feeding him the TW. But other than his coat, I really don't have any complaints... But with a GSD, you really want their coat to look nice. lol

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:08 pm

Boo439 wrote:He's almost done with one full bag. (The biggest one they sell) He eats 4 even cups a day. I don't know exactly what time-frame he's been on it, but I saw a decline soon after him starting it. All I know is his coat did NOT look like that before I started feeding him the TW. But other than his coat, I really don't have any complaints... But with a GSD, you really want their coat to look nice. lol
What formula are you using?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:14 pm

left NV becasue I had to drive so far to get it and Paige was getting eye boogers, for the firt time ever.
So many members were saying how great the TW was, so I decided it was just as much hassle to order it as drive as far as I did.
Will use the bag of elk when it gets here, and will not order anymore if the dogs stay looking the way they do, thats for sure..
Paige has never not had a beautiful shiny coat since the day I adopted her.
I took her to an event/fund raiser today, and one of the other volunteers even remarked about her coat not looking as glossy as usual. :sad:

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:18 pm

I'm using the one that they say is best for working dogs, police k-9's, etc. Wild & Natural Dry

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:24 pm

pblove wrote:left NV becasue I had to drive so far to get it and Paige was getting eye boogers, for the firt time ever.
So many members were saying how great the TW was, so I decided it was just as much hassle to order it as drive as far as I did.
Will use the bag of elk when it gets here, and will not order anymore if the dogs stay looking the way they do, thats for sure..
Paige has never not had a beautiful shiny coat since the day I adopted her.
I took her to an event/fund raiser today, and one of the other volunteers even remarked about her coat not looking as glossy as usual. :sad:
Hopefully she will do better on the elk formula

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:04 am

PBlove, I believe that the Southwest Chicken is the only formula from TWolf that Barbponys doesn't reccommend. That's because it has blue corn in it. It's way down on the ingredient list, but it's in there.

Lucy has done extremely well on the bison, elk and lamb formulas. Her coat is shinier and softer on TWolf, and she has really gotten some beautiful lean muscle. Her stools are smaller, and she has no eye boogers to speak of. She looks much better since being on TW.

Boo, maybe you should switch to one of their other formulas--that formula may be too much for him? The nutrient dense lamb and apple might be better suited for him. It's also reccommended for working/performance dogs, but it has lower levels of fat and protein than the wild and natural.

Pat may have some advice for you guys as well--she knows her stuff.

sarcazmo

Postby sarcazmo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:43 am

My Dobe has been doing great on it.

I started him on the wild and natural and now he's currently on the Lamb & Apples formula.

His coat is absolutely wonderful, soft and shiny, and he's keeping weight on. Not only that but he's building some muscle as well.

I'm quite satisfied and I'll probably keep him on this formula for another bag or 1/2 bag.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:49 am

I honestly think that with food it is trial and error, and that because every dog is so different what is great for some may stink for others. JMO

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:40 am

I have to tell you I haven't liked Darla's coat on Canidae, I actually find it less expensive the the Merrick - Venicin and something else( lol ).

With Canidae I got something like 10 more lbs for $10.00 less than Merrick, but she;
1. Loved the Merrick - I mean like you were giving her Raw, and if you added water, she ate it in in one Gobble!!!
2. Her coat was awesome! soft, and shiney.

Canidae, it's alright, the food looks mediocre even to me lol she eats it. Her coats ok....SO I don't know if any of you have tried the Merrick, but great ingredients (unless someone more knowledgable wants to school me. I looked real good promise I did lol ).
It was more money, but the freshness of it is awesome, she LOVES it, so next time we're going back. PS 20 lb bag about $40.00 for the Merrick in my neck of the woods. Canidae in the high $20.00's.

Return to “Health Issues”