Timberwolf anyone?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:18 pm

darlm,
yes I have tired Merrick before, but since TW is on the best foods as number one, wanted to use it.
rg,
now that you posted that, I do remember it!!
I just looked at the bag and is is sure enough,org. blue corn in there, as the 30th ingredient (or possiblel 29th)
I wouldn't think that small amount would make such a difference??
Trying to get my elk order here, just had to call them and they can;t find the order now!! :po:
This was my big hold out on using TW, the having to order and wait for it!
Not looking too good for me staying a TW customer so far. :roll:

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:22 pm

Eye boogers? Weird. NV really agrees with my dog, and I love the stuff.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:25 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:Eye boogers? Weird. NV really agrees with my dog, and I love the stuff.

I thought so too.
But now that Tw lost my order I am getting too low for comfort so am going to have to take the hike/drive to the store where I can get the NV ! will try the venison and see how they do on that I guess

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:04 pm

The Venison NV has really agreed with Lola - in every way. Her coat looks great, redness is gone, itching gone, no eye boogers.

I will certainly be interested in giving the NV grain-free food a try when it comes out.

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:48 pm

As long as it isn't like Evo and nothing but potato. Ugh.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:33 am

I also use the Venison kibble from NV and Logan is doing great on the diet! I also mix in a little canned NV with the kibble and provide the raw NV in the evening. I have received so many comments on how glossy and soft his coat is. He has no eye boogers either.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:01 pm

I will be trying the NV venison.Thanks for the replies!
TW finally sent me an emaio this morning, (only took them 6 days to accomplish that part)and will be shipping my order of ELK, so that will be at least 10 days total for it to get here from the moring I ordered, not acceptable !.
Last time it was here in 4 days and I ordered it on a weekend day too. Now I will be out of TW before the nexy bag gets here, so back to the feed store, (extra, time, extra gas) to get a small bag of NV while waiting for TW to get their food here!
I also forget that my dogs are getting terrible gas from the TW too, and I do add yogurt to it?? They have never had gas like this before???
:po:

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm

pblove wrote:I will be trying the NV venison.Thanks for the replies!
TW finally sent me an emaio this morning, (only took them 6 days to accomplish that part)and will be shipping my order of ELK, so that will be at least 10 days total for it to get here from the moring I ordered, not acceptable !.
Last time it was here in 4 days and I ordered it on a weekend day too. Now I will be out of TW before the nexy bag gets here, so back to the feed store, (extra, time, extra gas) to get a small bag of NV while waiting for TW to get their food here!
I also forget that my dogs are getting terrible gas from the TW too, and I do add yogurt to it?? They have never had gas like this before???
:po:
I bet it is that formula I don't have any problems on the Elk

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:56 pm

I guess so, maybe it is the blue corn in it, although it is nubmer 29 or 30 on the bag so I can;t imagine there is very much corn in there.
When I first got my two little dogs, (rescues) they had been on terrible food, "Dads", and they never had gas this bad either.
The whole deal with loosing the order, several long distance calls, many emails and no replies for 6 days, and now taking at least 10 days to get the food, just makes it too hard to feed with so many issues.
I do remember people saying they were bad with customer service .
I can';t be going into winter and worrying if my dog's food will arive or not, especially when I am snowed in back here and can't get to a feed store.
It might be wodnerful food, but if it doesn't get here I can't feed it. :roll:

Hoyden
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Hoyden » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:31 pm

I have to say that we LOVE Timberwolf dog food. :inlove:

My new dog, Birdie kept getting skin staph infections and I suspected allergies after a couple courses of antibiotics that didn't resolve the problem. As soon as the antibiotics stopped, the rashes returned.

I had both dogs on chicken and rice (human food) to try to figure out what the allergy was. I also noticed that while on chicken & rice, my other dog Petey's "Bully Bumps" went away. He has always had them and I thought that pitbulls were supposed to have them.

After much trial and error, we figured out that they were both allergic to corn. From discussions with my vet, the vet I used to work for and other pitty owners, I have discovered that corn allergies are common it pitbulls!

I have fed the Lamb, Barley & Apple, Black Forest Venison & Wilderness Elk. I actually use the Ocean Blue as a dog treat :)

Here is Birdie's "Timberwolf Coat" as I call it :thumbsup:

Notice how clear her belly is in this picture? This is the area that she would get the UGLIEST pimply nasty rash.

BTW - My friend has FOUR pitties with major allergies. They are all BYB rescues. She has them on Timberwolf and all but one has resolved the allergies. That one is allergice to grass.

She had a service problem and sent an e-mail expressing her frusteration. They sent her a free bag of food, an apology and she hasn't had another problem since.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:16 pm

Birdie sure is a pretty girl!
Love the day lillies and hostas in the background too!

Hoyden
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Hoyden » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:40 pm

pblove wrote:Birdie sure is a pretty girl!
Love the day lillies and hostas in the background too!

We own a landscaping company - so we cheat :)

The dogs love laying on the irish moss & stone walk way. It's funny to watch them.

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:24 pm

Gee, I guess all dogs are different when it comes to foods. I've been feeding the Timberwolf Bison for about 4 months now and my dog has never looked better. She loves the food and her coat is softer and shinier. She's not had any gas on it and it agrees with her very well.

I got my order in 4 days too. But I will keep in mind possible delays next time I order. I'm going to get the Elk next time. I do add salmon oil and kelp to her food, but she's done better on the TW than any of the other good kibbles (i.e. Innova, Wellness, Canidae, etc...) so I'l stay with it for now and rotate between the formulas.

Birdie is very cute, great pics!

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:45 pm

Never tried Timberwolf. My dogs did great on Canidae, had fabulous coats, but they are now eating DogLovers Gold. It's similar to the Canidae, but a bit simpler formula, and a higher fat content, which is good for energy. My biggest reason for staying with this food, after I gave it a try, is that Tully loves it! She was never that enthused about her kibble, no matter what brand. She ate the Canidae as well or better than any other brand. Until I tried this stuff, which she loves so much, she'll steal Elmo's if he doesn't eat fast enough. And he's the chow hound!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:37 am

gf turtle wrote:
I got my order in 4 days too. But I will keep in mind possible delays next time I order. I'm going to get the Elk next time. I do add salmon oil and kelp to her food, but she's done better on the TW than any of the other good kibbles (i.e. Innova, Wellness, Canidae, etc...) so I'l stay with it for now and rotate between the formulas

gf, please do keep that in mind, as the TW is still not here yet!
It was 4 days the first time I ordered, and they were not out of stock when I ordered the elk either??
I also, use kelp, salmon oil, yogurt, but the gas has been terrible with all 3 dogs.
If you will remember, I was really concerned about ordering my dog food, and it not getting here, should listen to my gut feelings :tongue: .

Sarah,
That DogLoversGold looks like a good food, but would still have to have it shipped, darn it!
Is Tully going to be a Momma, did the results come back yet?

Return to “Health Issues”