Hesitated posting this question but here goes....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
HartagoldAST

Postby HartagoldAST » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:49 pm

OlmpyianAB wrote:hey HartAgold.. how does that work? just stick it in..??

LOL not the whole thing, just the tip of it.... if you're using a qtip, just one furry end of it should be fine.... just enough that it will stay there without you holding it. Then grab your poop bag, cuz within a minute or 2, you'll have a pile (with a lovely qtip decoration). I don't recommend doing this on a routine basis of course - but for those times that you need your dog to go NOW, and he's sniffing around (in the 10 degree weather, while you're turning blue), it can be a big help.

Oh and once you do it a few times, all you have to do is pull one out and show them, and they'll usually go for you lol. Mine will do this at shows, they'll be sniffing all the cool dog smells, and I'm looking at my watch saying we have to be in the ring in 5 minutes...... so I'll say "I'm getting a match" - and they'll all of a sudden decide it was time to poop! roflmao

Oh and other than at shows, you might want to look around before doing this, otherwise your neighbors are going to get some WEIRD ideas about you!!! :tongue:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:54 pm

roflmao roflmao Ah, the insane world of dog ownership.

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:29 pm

HartagoldAST wrote:

LOL not the whole thing, just the tip of it.... if you're using a qtip, just one furry end of it should be fine.... just enough that it will stay there without you holding it. Then grab your poop bag, cuz within a minute or 2, you'll have a pile (with a lovely qtip decoration). I don't recommend doing this on a routine basis of course - but for those times that you need your dog to go NOW, and he's sniffing around (in the 10 degree weather, while you're turning blue), it can be a big help.

Oh and once you do it a few times, all you have to do is pull one out and show them, and they'll usually go for you lol. Mine will do this at shows, they'll be sniffing all the cool dog smells, and I'm looking at my watch saying we have to be in the ring in 5 minutes...... so I'll say "I'm getting a match" - and they'll all of a sudden decide it was time to poop! roflmao

Oh and other than at shows, you might want to look around before doing this, otherwise your neighbors are going to get some WEIRD ideas about you!!! :tongue:

omg i have to remeber that.. my Princess is great for walking around for an hr some days.. like this AM she and i walked around for an 20 minutes and she never pooed.. so when dad gets home at 2 he's going to take her out..

lol

my AB rocks he poos w then like 3 minutes of being outside..

my neighbor's alreayd think i'm crazy.. lol

SFBullyGirl
Addicted to PBF

Postby SFBullyGirl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:48 pm

HartagoldAST wrote:

now this has to be the cold weather tip of the day..or tip of the q-tip, but fantastic either way :thumbsup:

XtacyOD

Postby XtacyOD » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:00 pm

Im definatly a butt wiper.. But then again my boy sleeps in our bed with us. And sometimes when playing his ass will land on our pillows.

Id much rather take the 5 seconds of time to wipe his heiny with a baby wipe then catch a skid mark on my pillow.

Adios

nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nessa » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:12 pm

Yes I wipe my dogs' butts'. Not every time, but it actually sounds like a good idea. I wipe when i smell that AG stuff. Cause if I smell it, they smell it and butt licking begins. Then both fore and aft smell like donkey. I like to snuggle close, and prefer no eau du donkey.

MaddMaxxNYC

Postby MaddMaxxNYC » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:58 pm

All I can say is a quick wipedown prevents unwanted "skidmarks"... lol

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:00 pm

I was looking through all of my old posts and threads and found this and wanted to share. lol

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Cheshirekatt
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Cheshirekatt » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:07 pm

Only if they've got a 'cling-on' of some sort. Doogie had one and he was freaking out about it because he thought his own donkey was chasing him. lol I had to chase him down and pull it the rest of the way out. Apparently he'd eaten some string from his rope toy.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:47 pm

ROTFL! I am a rpoud wiper of butts and paws! :))

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:03 pm

okay, to all you butt wipers: do you wipe the dogs butt even when there's not 'leftovers' on it??

i can understand clearing off the butt crumbs, but if there's nothing there then i think you're all a bit strange lol

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:09 pm

No, I would be strange if I examined my dog's butt for leftovers. How the heck do I know if there is something on their bums if I don't wipe it? I would much rather do a quick swipe than look at their arses for evidence of residue! lol

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:10 pm

I would like to add, this thread is sentimental to me because Lora (RIP) posted on it.

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Deniselynn wrote:No, I would be strange if I examined my dog's butt for leftovers. How the heck do I know if there is something on their bums if I don't wipe it? I would much rather do a quick swipe than look at their arses for evidence of residue! lol

i think you're taking this 'neat freak' thing too far lol

when i had a cocker spaniel, i had to wipe her ass more than a few times. but that was because she had fur back there for poop to get stuck to!
maggie's got short hair. i'm pretty sure she's barely got ANY hair down there (i can't say that for sure, i don't stare at my dogs ass lol ).

no hair = no crunchies = i'm not wiping it!

Cheshirekatt
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Cheshirekatt » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:45 pm

Deniselynn wrote:I would like to add, this thread is sentimental to me because Lora (RIP) posted on it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Return to “Health Issues”