Eukanuba

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Eukanuba

Postby jcd410 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:51 pm

Hey guys, my pup is 10 weeks old. I was wondering what your thoughts were on feeding him Eukanuba Puppy Food for Large Breed dogs. I've heard that this brand is really good for my dog to grow up looking strong and healthy. :) What are your thoughts?
jcd410

Postby X-girl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:04 pm

Hi. Most people on the forum would not recommend Eukanuba. Read the POLL at the top of the Health Issues forum page titled "Can't Find the Perfect Diet?" There is a list of the popular foods fed to pups by various members and some good information on why commercial brands are not as good. Eukanuba is a commercial brand.

I feed Canidae to Lola, it's #2 on the list.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby moto1320 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:39 pm

Eukanuba is uber crappy. Some of the other thread will link you to the home sites of various foods that will have a list of places in your town that carry them. Wellness and Canindae are good ones. There are a couple of folks from Baltimore on here that can hook you up with good petstores to hit.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:29 pm

Hey JCD, I'm in Baltimore, and depending on where you live, there are a few places you can get higher-quality food for your pup.

In the Mount Washington area, there's For Pets Sake on Falls Road, where you can get Wellness, Canidae, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul (I hate their vet clinic but the pet store carries some quality stuff).

In Hampden, you can try Chow Baby on Chestnut Street, which carries a lot of good stuff! No Canidae, but they do have Wysong, Wellness, Flint River, Innova, California Natural, and Verus. I LOVE the store--lots of good stuff at pretty decent prices.

In Columbia you can try Dogs and Company, which carries frozen raw, Canidae, Solid Gold, Wysong, California Natural, Innova, and a bunch of others--the store is TINY but they pack in a bunch of good stuff!

And there is a place on Harford Road, the name of which I forget--Paws and something, I think I found it in the phone book. More Canidae, Cali Natural, Wellness, etc. They are really nice at that place!

I think there are a few other places that carry stuff like this, but off the top of my head, I can't think of their names!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby gypsydog » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:03 pm

Yeah, I know im not the popular one on this topic, but I feed eukanuba large breed puppy and adult to my dogs. It works great for them and I also used to feed my old boxer euk and she lived to a ripe old age for a boxer. My best friend shows his Boxers and also feeds euk. I have read over the ingredients of euk and other high quality kibbles and besides the corn, which is highly ground, there tends to be not much difference. Most of the so called higher quality foods in my opinion add just as many fillers they just tout the fact that it isnt corn. I will say that the euk adds alot of things artificially instread of naturally but many people who feed so called natural diets do this as well. I am not promoting the food just stating what I have found. I have tried other foods with no better results so I have stuck with what works for my dogs. Do the legwork on your own, pick one and if it produces good results, stick with it.
gypsydog

Return to Health Issues