whats the normal timeline if a dog gets pregnet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Hosh

Postby Hosh » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:29 pm

ShadowWolf wrote:Wanna bet? In a search of petfinder alone this is what came up:

http://search.petfinder.com/search/sear ... animal=Dog

Well over a hundred friggin' listings. Now, tell me there aren't that many purebreds near/in KY that need homes? :roll:

Okay, now i know there are Purebreds "near/in" KY that need homes. i clearly stated that there are a lot in Louisville and its only a couple hours drive. HOWEVER, anyone who has driven through parts of eastern KY know all it is, is horses, cows and trees. Im not trying to argue, i agree with you 100% and i never said i disagreed. I was just stating that in Eastern KY i doubt there are many. I never said there were none in KY or around KY, because he could easly drive a "short" distence to where their deffenatly are loads.

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:30 pm

ShadowWolf wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:im not comparing anything.all im saying is anyone can sit on thier computer and complain when they should be out helping


If you can't afford it - if that's your issue...contact PBRC. They have and will help get your two intact bitches spayed. Hell, give me your vet's name and I'll write a check and mail it tomorrow to help contribute to her getting spayed.
i make almost a 1000.00 a week working in the coal mines i dont need money.but thanks for the offer.

as for meghan all my dogs have papers so they are not from byb.they get checked by the vet ever 6 months.

User avatar
OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 6187
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: In never never land.

Postby OlympianAB » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:32 pm

importracer_ky wrote:
ShadowWolf wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:im not comparing anything.all im saying is anyone can sit on thier computer and complain when they should be out helping


If you can't afford it - if that's your issue...contact PBRC. They have and will help get your two intact bitches spayed. Hell, give me your vet's name and I'll write a check and mail it tomorrow to help contribute to her getting spayed.
i make almost a 1000.00 a week working in the coal mines i dont need money.but thanks for the offer.

as for meghan all my dogs have papers so they are not from byb.they get checked by the vet ever 6 months.


Having papers dont mean they aren't fom BYB... are thier parents hips, eye, patellas, etc.. tested w OFA or penn-hip or both??

are they CH and GrCh? or UWP? or better? or agility titiles? or Obedience titles?

User avatar
Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1492
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 11:12 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Megan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:33 pm

So these dogs are from show lines? Have been titled themselves, have their CGC, Temperment Testing, and all OFA , Cerf health testing done? As you should know, simple vet visits every 6 months don't cut it. There are HEALTH tests that need to be done, and their parents should have that done as well.

BTW It's Megan ;)

User avatar
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: SE Michigan
Contact:

Postby ShadowWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:36 pm

importracer_ky wrote:
ShadowWolf wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:im not comparing anything.all im saying is anyone can sit on thier computer and complain when they should be out helping


If you can't afford it - if that's your issue...contact PBRC. They have and will help get your two intact bitches spayed. Hell, give me your vet's name and I'll write a check and mail it tomorrow to help contribute to her getting spayed.
i make almost a 1000.00 a week working in the coal mines i dont need money.but thanks for the offer.

as for meghan all my dogs have papers so they are not from byb.they get checked by the vet ever 6 months.


Okay..if you claim your dogs are not from a BYB, give me the sire and dam's registered names so I can see if they're OFA checked or perhaps, list their titles? The contacts of the sire and dam would be good too. Sadly, 99% of "pit bull" breeders are BYBs.

For gawd sakes, get her spayed. You'll save her from the chance of suffering from pyometera, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer, mammory tumors, other estrogen-based nasties. Not having her spayed GREATLY increases their risks for these things.

If you don't do it for the self satisfaction of being a REPONSIBLE owner of two females and one male pit bull, then do it for the dogs and their health. What you paid for them doesn't mean jack chit. Their papers don't mean chit unless they can be proven. Ask BikePit - his merle dog's papers just got revoked from the ADBA for being forged. Papers CAN be forged.

User avatar
moto1320
Moderator
Posts: 2533
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:20 pm
Location: NC
Contact:

Postby moto1320 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:37 pm

It's as simple as this...I, like many people here know people in rescue all over American and as much access to foster homes and help as a person gets, and I don't have solid permanent places I could put two dogs right now much less 8.

A good home doesn't just mean a a bag of Purina and a fence. In my opinion, anyone who is not willing to do alot of education and go the distance toward proper training and conditioning should own a pitbull period. They aren't like any other dog. If these relatives were totally uneducated enough about pitbulls to buy the hype until recently...they shouldn't own them and don't qualitfy as good homes yet. Just get the dog fixed...

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:38 pm

like i said if the dog was pregnet i know for fact the dogs will have good homes.they would be going to family not some stranger on the street.and when it comes to my dogs money means notthing i would clear my bank account to care for my dogs.we keep a poodle in the house that we had sine he was 6 months and he is almost 6 years old at the time and when he was young he got parvoe (sp?) and we spent almost 3 grand on the dog over a years time to make sure he would live,so dont think money would be any trouble to care for my dogs

User avatar
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: SE Michigan
Contact:

Postby ShadowWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:38 pm

moto1320 wrote:It's as simple as this...I, like many people here know people in rescue all over American and as much access to foster homes and help as a person gets, and I don't have solid permanent places I could put two dogs right now much less 8.

A good home doesn't just mean a a bag of Purina and a fence. In my opinion, anyone who is not willing to do alot of education and go the distance toward proper training and conditioning should own a pitbull period. They aren't like any other dog. If these relatives were totally uneducated enough about pitbulls to buy the hype until recently...they shouldn't own them and don't qualitfy as good homes yet. Just get the dog fixed...


As usual...you rock. :headbang:

User avatar
OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 6187
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: In never never land.

Postby OlympianAB » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:42 pm

:thumbsup: to Moto 1320


dude. i have spent over 3000 grand on my dogs at least in 05 just in medial bills..

Apollo's health testing just the required test from the breeder.. are going to run me about 1000-2000.. and cappuccino's hips testing just cost me 300.just to do weight pull..bc i didn't wanta pull on bad hips..


glad u'll spend money on the dogs..but good homes as Moto said are not just purina and a fence.. but hey who needs a fence i dont have one..

but i kinda liek it..bc the walking around the house is our time..(i'm wierd) but we do have large run's ......

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:42 pm

well i came to this site asking some simple ? and all i get is people talking about getting the dog spayed.and if thats what you want to do with your dog thats fine.but for now mine will stay like they are.now im tried of wasting my time replying with the same useless chocolate that has notthing to do with the topic so i will no longer waste my time.

User avatar
X-girl
Moderator
Posts: 8680
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 12:12 am
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Contact:

Postby X-girl » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:44 pm

importracer_ky wrote:what i want to know everone can sit at a computer and bitch about getting a dog sprayed but how many of you have done something to help other then get your dog sprayed.
how many have made donations to animals groups trying to find owners of pets thats was lost in katrina?


You have not been a member of this board long enough to state a challenge like this, my friend. And if you were on this board longer you would know that is a ridiculous thing to say. This forum has more members ACTIVELY involved in rescue than you can possibly imagine. The members of this forum have collectively donated thousands of dollars to helping dog after dog in need and not just because of Katrina. Members of this forum actively fight BSL daily. Members of this forum pour their hearts out working in shelters tirelessly. You have no idea.

Some words of advice:
Get your dogs fixed. Now.
Read the forum - get a feel for the place before insinuating we're all talk.

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:44 pm

moto1320 wrote:It's as simple as this...I, like many people here know people in rescue all over American and as much access to foster homes and help as a person gets, and I don't have solid permanent places I could put two dogs right now much less 8.

A good home doesn't just mean a a bag of Purina and a fence. In my opinion, anyone who is not willing to do alot of education and go the distance toward proper training and conditioning should own a pitbull period. They aren't like any other dog. If these relatives were totally uneducated enough about pitbulls to buy the hype until recently...they shouldn't own them and don't qualitfy as good homes yet. Just get the dog fixed...
as stated they have seen me and been around my male for almost 2 years so its not just recently.so read the post before you start to judge

User avatar
OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 6187
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: In never never land.

Postby OlympianAB » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:46 pm

we gave u alot of information..and we've asked u some questons..and u never responded..

Why can't we know the names? of the Sire and Dam fo this "potential" litter...

u gotta look it also as u're having a litter in 59-65 days from when ever they tied..

i'm sorry we all tell u to spay..but for the health of you dog it's the best thing ever.

Do u show u're dogs? is the simple question..are the parents?

if u know of alot of "good" homes..why dont u go to the rescue section and PM the people posting w good homes..and stuff like that.

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:48 pm

X-girl wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:what i want to know everone can sit at a computer and bitch about getting a dog sprayed but how many of you have done something to help other then get your dog sprayed.
how many have made donations to animals groups trying to find owners of pets thats was lost in katrina?


You have not been a member of this board long enough to state a challenge like this, my friend. And if you were on this board longer you would know that is a ridiculous thing to say. This forum has more members ACTIVELY involved in rescue than you can possibly imagine. The members of this forum have collectively donated thousands of dollars to helping dog after dog in need and not just because of Katrina. Members of this forum actively fight BSL daily. Members of this forum pour their hearts out working in shelters tirelessly. You have no idea.

Some words of advice:
Get your dogs fixed. Now.
Read the forum - get a feel for the place before insinuating we're all talk.
well im happy people here helps.it just piss's me off that i came here to ask a ? for a concern of mine and everone starts with the spayed and assume im a byb.if people wants thier dogs spayed great but thats not what i want to do with mine at this time.its my choice.but i want to think everone for all the help concerning the topic :roll:

User avatar
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: SE Michigan
Contact:

Postby ShadowWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:48 pm

importracer_ky wrote:like i said if the dog was pregnet i know for fact the dogs will have good homes.they would be going to family not some stranger on the street.and when it comes to my dogs money means notthing i would clear my bank account to care for my dogs.we keep a poodle in the house that we had sine he was 6 months and he is almost 6 years old at the time and when he was young he got parvoe (sp?) and we spent almost 3 grand on the dog over a years time to make sure he would live,so dont think money would be any trouble to care for my dogs


Yeah, I let Luna's sister Nita, as I posted on page 2, go to my fiance's uncle. A guy I trusted and knew. Guess what? Nita died 4 damn days before she even hit a year old. Even family many not go the lengths that you would figure for a dog.


Return to “Health Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests