whats the normal timeline if a dog gets pregnet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:25 am

rgyoung777 wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:
rgyoung777 wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:and for the people assuming my dogs male and 1 female are from byb they came from Corona Kennels in tennesse.and they both came with a 2year health/hip warranty

You mean this Corona Kennels? Guess they got tired of breeding APBTs and have now moved onto the Dogo Canario. They did at one point breed APBTs, but not any more.

Yup, real responsible. Looks like a fad breeder to me.

No listing of any APBTs or ASTs with the kennel name "Corona" in the OFA database.
did you read how long i had my dogs.

Sure did. What does that have to do with my post?

The kennel you bought your dogs from is not a responsible breeder. That was my only point.
you people here amaze me.think you know everone and everthing .you know notthing about these people at this kenell but you say they are not a responsible breeder

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:28 am

Hosh wrote:Okay, now i know there are Purebreds "near/in" KY that need homes. i clearly stated that there are a lot in Louisville and its only a couple hours drive.

Is this the same Louisville that is trying to pass BSL? http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=31789 Yep, that's a town that needs more backyard-bred Pit Bulls.

Importracer - Spay your dog. Seriously. Breeding is not an "option" for rescued dogs or people's pets. It is a life commitment.

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:28 am

frist off you dont flipping know me so dont call me a BYB.and for your info if i had to take off work i could but guess what i have a wife that is at home all the time that could watch after the mother and babies.until you no me dont go calling me a byb.futher more why did you breed you female maybe for the $$$$$$$

If you added up all of the training, achievment of titles, travel, vetting, and health checks her dogs have had she would probably have to sell her dogs at 5 grand a piece. Good breeders lose money, they do it to perpetuate superior genetics for love of the breed....and they are insanely selective about the homes the pups go to, which are of course established long before the dogs are bred.

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:32 am

importracer_ky wrote:frist off you dont flipping know me so dont call me a BYB.and for your info if i had to take off work i could but guess what i have a wife that is at home all the time that could watch after the mother and babies.until you no me dont go calling me a byb.futher more why did you breed you female :roll: maybe for the $$$$$$$

Dude, she's friggin' making nothing. The only surviving puppy is staying with her. Holy hell. Did you not read her entire post?! :roll:

importracer_ky wrote:you people here amaze me.think you know everone and everthing .you know notthing about these people at this kenell but you say they are not a responsible breeder

It takes a simple search in public databases to find the information necessary on a breeder. It's how RESPONSIBLE individuals find out more on what they'd like to get. :roll:
Last edited by ShadowWolf on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:34 am

importracer_ky wrote:frist off you dont flipping know me so dont call me a BYB.and for your info if i had to take off work i could but guess what i have a wife that is at home all the time that could watch after the mother and babies.until you no me dont go calling me a byb.futher more why did you breed you female :roll: maybe for the $$$$$$$

$$$? roflmao no, I can stop anytime roflmao

I spent thousands of dollars breeding a dog who I firmly expected to have 3 or 4 puppies! When I heard she had 6 in there, I was aghast! I was horrified at the thought of all the time and effort it would take me to properly raise a litter of that size. I stood right there in the vet's office, looked at my bitch, and said, "What have you done?! I wanted four!" Of course, this doesn't mean I didn't want the puppies to live. :sad:

I bred my bitch because she is a lovely, typey bitch of extremely sound structure and proven working ability (17 titles, remember? She's only 4, we'll get more.). I wanted a pup with those traits to be my next agility dog, since my oldest (a neutered male rescue dog) is 9, and will have to be retired in a couple years. I ran into a couple other people who were interested in owning a nice SBT that could do agility with them, and decided that my bitch did have something to offer the breed.

I could never, in my wildest dreams, make money off my dogs, considering I spend thousands of dollars every year on dog competitions.

I don't have to know you to call you a byb. Again, you have bred your dogs, qualifying you for the "breeder" part. You have done nothing to prove your dogs breed worthy, which might make you a responsible breeder. Therefore, you are either a puppymill or a byb. I suppose you could be a puppymill, but nothing you have said would lead me to that conclusion.

Hosh

Postby Hosh » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:37 am

bahamutt99 wrote:
Hosh wrote:Okay, now i know there are Purebreds "near/in" KY that need homes. i clearly stated that there are a lot in Louisville and its only a couple hours drive.

Is this the same Louisville that is trying to pass BSL? http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=31789 Yep, that's a town that needs more backyard-bred Pit Bulls.

Importracer - Spay your dog. Seriously. Breeding is not an "option" for rescued dogs or people's pets. It is a life commitment.

yes sadly it is. I am NOT for BYB, i am against it, i was just stating that their ARE indeed pitbulls in shelters in KY. So i don't know why your trying to get at me.

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:40 am

importracer_ky wrote:
rgyoung777 wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:
rgyoung777 wrote:
importracer_ky wrote:and for the people assuming my dogs male and 1 female are from byb they came from Corona Kennels in tennesse.and they both came with a 2year health/hip warranty

You mean this Corona Kennels? Guess they got tired of breeding APBTs and have now moved onto the Dogo Canario. They did at one point breed APBTs, but not any more.

Yup, real responsible. Looks like a fad breeder to me.

No listing of any APBTs or ASTs with the kennel name "Corona" in the OFA database.
did you read how long i had my dogs.

Sure did. What does that have to do with my post?

The kennel you bought your dogs from is not a responsible breeder. That was my only point.
you people here amaze me.think you know everone and everthing .you know notthing about these people at this kenell but you say they are not a responsible breeder

No, I never claimed to know everyone and everything and I most certainly do not think I do.

There are things that responsible breeders of APBTs do before they breed their dogs. There are things they do with their dogs to prove them worthy. I don't have to "know" these people to see that they are not responsible.

One of those things is health testing with the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals. Breeders who don't health test their breeding stock for hereditary problems are NOT responsible. It's the easiest way to spot an irresponsible breeder.

Hip Dysplasia, an often painful and debilitating hereditary condition affects 25% of all Pit Bulls. There are only 20 breeds out of 136 listed that have worse hips than Pit Bulls and American Staffordshire Terriers.

Do you know what breed of dog is number one for heart problems? The American Staffordshire Terrier. The Pit Bull Terrier is number seven for heart problems.

What about Elbow Dysplasia? The AmStaff is in the top 10 for this problem as well. The AmStaff is also ranked number 11 for thyroid problems.

Your dogs are from lines that are KNOWN for these problems, especially the heart and hip problems. You could be breeding dogs that will die early of heart failure or be crippled from HD.

The breeder you bought your dogs from is not listed on the OFA's site for APBTs OR for the dogs they breed now. No health testing = irresponsible.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:41 am

I was not "trying to get at" you. I was trying to GET THROUGH to the original poster. I've been back online for 2 hours, and already I'm banging my head against the wall. So much for my New Years resolution not to let dumb goings-on on message boards get to me. 8)

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:41 am

Until you title your dogs, health test your dogs, and get their cgc and temperment tests done- you ARE a byb.

A real breeder would have all of those done. A BYB, would not.

Your dogs are from lines that are KNOWN for these problems, especially the heart and hip problems. You could be breeding dogs that will die early of heart failure or be crippled from HD.

Unfortantly, I doubt this poster even cares. Seems if anyone is in it for the money- it isn't you, but them.

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:43 am

Sarah wrote:

$$$? roflmao no, I can stop anytime roflmao

I spent thousands of dollars breeding a dog who I firmly expected to have 3 or 4 puppies! When I heard she had 6 in there, I was aghast! I was horrified at the thought of all the time and effort it would take me to properly raise a litter of that size. I stood right there in the vet's office, looked at my bitch, and said, "What have you done?! I wanted four!" Of course, this doesn't mean I didn't want the puppies to live. :sad:

I bred my bitch because she is a lovely, typey bitch of extremely sound structure and proven working ability (17 titles, remember? She's only 4, we'll get more.). I wanted a pup with those traits to be my next agility dog, since my oldest (a neutered male rescue dog) is 9, and will have to be retired in a couple years. I ran into a couple other people who were interested in owning a nice SBT that could do agility with them, and decided that my bitch did have something to offer the breed.

I could never, in my wildest dreams, make money off my dogs, considering I spend thousands of dollars every year on dog competitions.

I don't have to know you to call you a byb. Again, you have bred your dogs, qualifying you for the "breeder" part. You have done nothing to prove your dogs breed worthy, which might make you a responsible breeder. Therefore, you are either a puppymill or a byb. I suppose you could be a puppymill, but nothing you have said would lead me to that conclusion.
so your saying that if i dog does not have titles or in dog competitions they are not worth a chocolate.well newsflash i think as much of my dogs as you think of yours.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:44 am

One more concern for the original poster: Dogs can and do mate through chain-link fencing. So if she's not yet pregnant, if she's in a chain-link kennel, she could very well still get pregnant, possibly by your male or possibly by a neighborhood mutt that hops the fence into your yard. Stranger things have happened.

so your saying that if i dog does not have titles or in dog competitions they are not worth a chocolate.

No. We're saying if a dog is not titled or health-tested, they should not be bred. Big difference.
Last edited by bahamutt99 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

importracer_ky

Postby importracer_ky » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:44 am

you people make me want to go out and buy some more dogs just so i can become a byb.hell thats what you are calling me just because i dont want my dogs spayed right now

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:44 am

so your saying that if i dog does not have titles or in dog competitions they are not worth a chocolate.well newsflash i think as much of my dogs as you think of yours.

They are worth a million dollars- AS PETS, they are worth CHOCOLATE AS BREEDING ANIMALS.

Tell me, why do you want to breed pit bulls? Make money? Kill a few more dogs in shelters? Obviously, you have no real reason to breed.

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:45 am

importracer_ky wrote:so your saying that if i dog does not have titles or in dog competitions they are not worth a chocolate.well newsflash i think as much of my dogs as you think of yours.

Thinking it and actually proving it by showing/earning titles are two different things.

importracer_ky wrote:you people make me want to go out and buy some more dogs just so i can become a byb.hell thats what you are calling me just because i dont want my dogs spayed right now

Because you are not willing to abort an unnecessary pregnancy, yes - you are on the fast track to BYB-ism.
Last edited by ShadowWolf on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:45 am

importracer_ky wrote:you people make me want to go out and buy some more dogs just so i can become a byb.hell thats what you are calling me just because i dont want my dogs spayed right now

Give it time, I'm sure you will.

Return to “Health Issues”