How long fur take to grow back? :(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

How long fur take to grow back? :(

Postby Xypher » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:07 pm

How long does a dogs hair take to grow? :po: this little dog we take care of took off quite a bit of fur from Chico while playing. She just grabs fur when they play. :crybaby: It doesnt look good.
Xypher

Postby moto1320 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:11 pm

Should be ok within a few weeks. This is unfortunately common at my house. :roll:
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Kyton88 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:11 am

It took Nelli nearly two months to grow all her fur back from the belly shave for her spaying. Their were two layers... it was all pink at first, then black dots covered with a thin white layer. (The black spots are quarter sized and part of her coloring).

I'm not sure what type of marker they used, but she still has a green "X" on her belly from the surgery (to mark where the incision starts).
Kyton88

Postby phez718 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:05 pm

I'm not sure what type of marker they used, but she still has a green "X" on her belly from the surgery (to mark where the incision starts).

roflmao For some reason I find the weirdest things funny!

Casey came into the rescue with some gashes on his side, you can see the scars in this pic. The hair has grown back on the rest it just looks like darker fur, but I'm still hoping the hair will grow back on the biggest one.

phez718

Postby moto1320 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:42 pm

Kyton88 wrote:I'm not sure what type of marker they used, but she still has a green "X" on her belly from the surgery (to mark where the incision starts).

Daisy has a big blue stripe tattoo where they made her incision and the ink stayed.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Kyton88 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:43 pm

moto1320 wrote:
Kyton88 wrote:I'm not sure what type of marker they used, but she still has a green "X" on her belly from the surgery (to mark where the incision starts).

Daisy has a big blue stripe tattoo where they made her incision and the ink stayed.

So what's that all about.... I mean, even a Sharpie will wash off the skin after awhile? I hear ya, "Spay Tatoos", WTF? I guess that is kind of funny :-)

Maybe there's a new law that requires a tatoo like mark on the belly for certain identification of spaying.
Kyton88

Return to Health Issues