Worried: Vomit & Coughing

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Sangelic
Newborn Bully

Postby Sangelic » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:57 pm

The cardiac expert said an ECG wouldn't help in her case, but my vet thinks she may have some adema (sp?) so she's on pills for that. We're trying it for a week to see if she gets any better. It's hard b/c the vet thinks her heart looks just a little bit enlarged and may have some adema, but the "expert" says everything looks normal and her heart size is within their "normal" range. Hopefully you can find out what is wrong with your pup! Good luck :)

Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby Wednesday » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Back from the vet's, and am a little pissy about the whole experience. I have never been to a more disorganized, chaotic, unprofessional clinic in my life!!! I will save that rant for another day though. :tongue:

Somehow, I confused CBC with ECG (you would too if you could barely hear the vet's voice over the screaming animals and children in the waiting room :roll:) so today Koya had her blood tested, and a chest x-ray.

Her blood tests came back normal. She was a little high in the HCT (can't recall, but I believe that is what it was called), and a little low in another, but was overall normal. Her chest x-ray also revealed nothing "striking". She had a few "donuts" in the lung area, but nothing major. The vet said that she would go over the results with another vet to see if they could come up with something. She said that Koya was coughing when they were trying to get her x-rays.

So, $250 later and there is nothing wrong with my dog. She just likes to cough until she can't catch her breath and puke. :roll: Sorry, I am just pissed that it took them 6 hours to x-ray my dog, and that they held her for half of the day, that they forgot to put the appointment that they made with us into the computer so she didn't have an appointment, that they lost our notes from our previous visit, that none of the staff seemed to have any clue with what was going on with anything, and they tried to push vacs on us that I know she doesn't need (said they are sold as cocktails and have to be done that way even though my old vet managed to work it out so it was not done that way). Argh.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should do next? We will be going to a different vet. She is obviously sick, and now we are left with no suggestions from these vets as to what to do about it.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:40 pm

:hug:

I'm sorry it was such a bad experience for you. Just remember to get copies of her records, test results, the xrays, and notes from this vet to take along with you to the next vet.
Keep us updated.

Smooches to Koya.

GrippsHumanGirl

Postby GrippsHumanGirl » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm so sorry your dog is going thrugh this. I mean I would get another opinion from another vet. I hope things look up for you and your pup soon. :hug:

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:19 pm

Outside of what has already been mentioned I wouldn't know what it may be. Good luck to you guys. Have her symptoms transversed different kinds of dog food she's been on?

Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby Wednesday » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:41 pm

moto1320 wrote:Have her symptoms transversed different kinds of dog food she's been on?

No, not that I have noticed and I am usually on the ball with those things. She did experience vomitting with Candiae, and an ear infection after trying Merrick, but has been doing well since we stayed on a rotation of Wellness Duck and NV Venision. Are you thinking it could be related to allergies?

On a side note, she was weighed today, and it was 64lbs!!!! She was weighed 5 months ago, and was 48lbs. I don't see it as being possible without me noticing a gain of 16lbs.Their scale had better be off. lol

Return to “Health Issues”