Daisy may have Lymphoma....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks man, your avatar is hilarious by the way....surgery is Tues. morning. It was scheduled at the earliest available time yesterday when I found out, I was going to back it up a bit and see how the antibiotics did, but it's growing so fast... I just can't wait not knowing. So, they didn't tell me but I hope I should know the same day.

lisaresser

Postby lisaresser » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:36 pm

I just lost my dog to lymphoma in July. We also spent alot of money on chemo because we had hopes to give him some more time. Afer the chemo the swelling in his lymph nodes went down, and we had a couple of happy months. The cancer came back vith a vengence about 4 months later, and our vet tried a different chemo that almost killed my dog. I had to take him back and have the chemo flushed out of his system. We knew his time was short, he kept trying to go lay under my deck to die. We just wanted him to feel no pain. His doctor gave us the best pain drugs for him, and he ate alot of them. In the end his body shut down and he could not walk, he laid on the bathroom floor with all of us at his side. We said our good byes and my dog closed his eyes and quit breathing. I tried to revive him, but he did not come back.
We will miss you for the rest of time Snoop
God knew that you were suffering
That the hills were hard to climb
So he gently closed your eyelids
And whispered “Peace be thine.”
In tears we watched you sinking
We watched you fade away
Our hearts were surely broken
You fought so hard to stay
But when we saw you sleeping
So peaceful, free from pain
We could not wish you back
To suffer that again
It broke our hearts to lose you
But you did not go alone
For part of us went with you
The day god called you home.

You may be able to buy yourself some time, but 4 months is all I got from about 3500. I would have spent alot more to keep him alive, but like I said the second round of chemo almost killed him and he was miserabe.
I would have to say that if I faced another dog getting terminal cancer that cant be cured, I would probably get the best pain medication available for him and let the dog pass in peace. The last 4 months of snoops life he was "sick", and although he had a little more time he still died. Having my dog put to sleep was not an option, he was my kid and best bud. He fought it to the end, and was with me at home when he died.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:19 pm

Moto,
how is Dasiy, did she get the biopsy this morning?

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:49 pm

Yeah, thanks for asking PB. The biopsy was this morning. I just got her home a little while ago. She has all of these stitches in her neck, but they don't seem to be bothering her. The growth shrunk a little but changed shape several times this week, then about 5 more cropped up that stayed smaller but were still grossly oversized for lymph nodes...news that when reported to my vet elicited another oh no/sympathy look that I am beginning to resent.

The bitch is that for whatever reason this certain pathologist that they have to send this type of tissue or test off to won't return results for a week. God I don't want to wait that long...

I got the most comprehensive bloodwork panel they offer, which was overkill for a 3 yr old but there were 40 samplings. Everything came up good, so there wasn't anything going on with lymphocytes, which is positive but not indicative of much.

While at the vet she ended up with pretty bad bloody runs out of no where, so they changed her antibiotics. I guess now I just have to wait for some news. I talked the vet/rescue friend that I got Daisy from today. I am going to fax the bloodwork and biopsy results to a friend of hers that she is going to get me in touch with, who is a well regarded pathologist. I'm glad to have a talented second opinion in the fray on this, so that made me happy. I guess that's all for now. I'll keep you guys posted.

BullyBreedLover

Postby BullyBreedLover » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:27 pm

Hang in there! I know how tough this is. The waiting kills! Give Daisy everything she wants...She deserves it! You are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Sonya

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:31 pm

I didn;t realzie she was that young, dam it! :sad:
I wish I could say or do something to fix this for you and her.
Glad you are getting tht other/ seoncd opinion too.
Am keeping her in my most positive thoughts/prayers here.
Thank you for the update and hugs to both of you. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:42 pm

We're still here hoping for the best. Hang in there! :hug:

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:11 am

wow she's so young..:(

but i would do allthat your doing..

hugs to you..and your little girl...

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:46 am

I just saw this posting, and I can't believe it--how awful. I'm thinking of you guys, hoping for the best.

:sad:

GrippsHumanGirl

Postby GrippsHumanGirl » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 am

Hope everything gets better for your baby girl :hug:

heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:24 am

Cameron, I am soooo sorry--I love Daisy. I had wondered why I haven't seen you around town lately. I am so in shock... Hang in there... Give her lots of love for me. I am so, so sad... thinking of you...
:hug:

heather

SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby SKoth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:07 am

I know it's hard to wait. It took about 5 days for the results of Anwar's mast cell tumor to come back and Daisy's seems a little more involved. We will be crossing our fingers for you in the meantime. Hugs & Kisses for Daisy!

Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Kirstan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:09 pm

Cassie, my Bassett X, had kind of the same thing - a golf ball size soft lump under the scruff of her neck. We aspirated it after and ultrasound, had the surgery and it came back as lymphangiosarcoma. Surgery got clear borders and all was good. It presented a lot like lymphosarcoma but was far less seen in dogs. We had the same thing happen with other bumps/lumps on her chest/throat area. They went away with poultice. Just a thought?

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Kirstan wrote:Cassie, my Bassett X, had kind of the same thing - a golf ball size soft lump under the scruff of her neck. We aspirated it after and ultrasound, had the surgery and it came back as lymphangiosarcoma. Surgery got clear borders and all was good. It presented a lot like lymphosarcoma but was far less seen in dogs. We had the same thing happen with other bumps/lumps on her chest/throat area. They went away with poultice. Just a thought?

What kind of poultice did you do?
Cameron, I am hoping for the best for you here; the waiting is the hardest :sad:

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:11 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone, all hugs and kisses have been passed on. Daisy says "oink", which is Daisy speak for "Hey Thanks"or when sustained it translates roughly to "Give me some of your dinner now please thanks"...just so you know.

Poor little bugger can't get a break. Her bad reaction to the antibiotics is causing her to pass a fair bit of blood. The Immodium and new antibiotics should clear this up by tomorrow from what the vet told me a min. ago. If not she has to get this stuff for G.I. ulcers. She seems in good spirits considering. I am surprised that she wasn't given any pain killers. The incision was plenty big enough for a human to have gotten them. I'll be checking in on that tomorrow as well, provided her stomach clears up....I don't want to add in any more variables if not.

Return to “Health Issues”