Daisy may have Lymphoma....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Purplesauerous

Postby Purplesauerous » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:25 pm

Thank you for keeping us updated. Daisy is in our thoughts.....

nan
Matured Bully

Postby nan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 pm

Poor Daisy...I'm so sorry :sad: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys...

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:26 am

Awww, poor Daisy! But at least she sounds like she is in good spirits. I hope things improve for her... good thoughts sent to both of you!

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:50 am

Sending positive thoughts and prayers Daisy's way....... :sad:

damienApbt

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:27 pm

jeeze cam.. i just saw this. that really sucks man. doesn't seem like either of you can catch a break lately. dont know what to say except good luck and my thoughts are with you and your little girl.

raebo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby raebo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:48 pm

I didn't see this until just now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Corliss797

Postby Corliss797 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:48 pm

i am so sorry you are going through this!! We'll be thinking of you and daisy! :hug:

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:53 pm

Daisy is going to be OK I think. I got a short message on my voice mail while I was in a meeting today that the tests came back negative! I don't know what is going on as I haven't been able to get through to her and haven't had my messages returned.

So, amazing relief was followed by seething anger. All the way up until yesterday evening when we spoke about Daisy's GI issue, she held fast to the belief that it was Lymphoma.

1.) I shouldn't have been pressured into the operation and all of this money and stress. A condition with about 100% fatality means that all other options should be persued first. If it's there, it's not going to be any worse.

2.) She shouldn't have told me my dog was probably going to die until she knew that. I have been a nervous wreck this week, crying over this, effing up at work, etc. For that, I want to punch this lady.

3.) I'm out a bunch of cash at a bad bad time. Did I say it was an insanely bad time...?

Well, I'm staring at my dog with a neck full of stitches and an empty wallet thinking now how all of this could have been avoided with 30 bucks worth of antibiotics and a little discression. Thanks again everyone for the support...Do you think I am over reacting about this? It will be put forth like an adult, but I have have a few things to say to my vet now.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:18 pm

I am so happy to hear this news!!!!!

:yipee: :yipee: :band: :band: :yay: :yay: :nana: :nana: :dance: :dance: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :smooch: :smooch: :hug: :hug: :clap :clap

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:29 pm

OK, so she finally called me back. It was granulation tissue with chronic cellulitus.

I pretty much asked if the procedure was necessary before antibiotics ran their course and I got a round about "No". Which she said she informed me of, buuttttt the thing is I was the one that brought that up. I already had an appointment for the surgery scheduled by her before I even picked Daisy up. So, to summate I said that you have to consider just what it means to have some one look at you in no uncertain terms and tell you the most important thing in the world to you will most likely be dead soon, and that the trama of that was far more of a concern to me than if the money was well spent or not. It's hard to think in those circumstances and I will do what's told rather than deliberate it much. I got no real reply after the "I don't know what to say".I dunno, I'll be seeing the vet that owns the practice from now on once he gets back in town. :bully:

dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby dawnapbt » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm happy to hear she's going to be okay, but I definitely understand how you feel. Being on that kind of an emotional roller coaster ride is very, very hard. It sounds like the vet did jump the gun, though I have read other posts from folks that said it sounded like the same thing. Still, bumps can be caused by SO many things, even larger ones. A prudent vet would take some tests and wait.

-Dawn-

BullyBreedLover

Postby BullyBreedLover » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:09 pm

YIPEE FOR DAISY! I hope she is feeling much better! I am happy for the news! A sigh of relief! Just think of it as learning a lesson? I dont know! Im glad your pup is A O K! :peace:

Sonya

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:46 pm

glad she is ok...

and i totally unerstand u're pt of view..

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:02 am

great news !

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:17 am

Wow, I'm thrilled to hear that she's gonna be OK. And I agree that the vet's behavior was out of line.

Return to “Health Issues”