Bullysticks?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:24 pm

GreddyGirl wrote:I want to get some but they are 20$ each!!!

are you sure??? :headbang:
I pay $2.99 for the 6 inch size??

Ursa Arctos
Forum Junky

Postby Ursa Arctos » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:43 pm

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/Bully_Sticks_p/134019.htm

It says you can get 10 6 inchers for 20 bucks... but yeah, only 1.99 each if you buy online...

shadyridge

Postby shadyridge » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:54 pm

gross just think if your dog was eating that and then after they gave you a big ol wet kiss!!!! :yucky:

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:56 pm

GreddyGirl wrote:I want to get some but they are 20$ each!!!

:wow :wow Where on earth are you shopping?
I used to get them for Basil and Streets, depending on the size (I guess you can get 1/2 a penis or a whole one lol ) they were between $3-$7.
You can also get them at Loblaws in Canada.

The only down side is if you the person at the counter is even the least bit creepy, it gives them ample material to make suggestive comments :yucky:

lovemylucy
Super Bully

Postby lovemylucy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:19 pm

i just bought a package of them at costco around christmas time for twelve........that is a bargain

bella_blue
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bella_blue » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:21 pm

shadyridgekennels wrote:gross just think if your dog was eating that and then after they gave you a big ol wet kiss!!!! :yucky:

Not any more disgusting when they kiss you after eating crappy grocery store brand food! (Not saying that you do, but that grosses me out more than a bully stick. :D)

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:24 pm

rutibegga wrote:Ha! Hours of entertainment? I tried to give Keely one to keep her busy while company was over, and it lasted exactly three chomps. Of course, This is the same dog who eats cow hooves in five minutes, too. I suppose she's a heavy-duty chewer.

Since the dog in question is a 4-month-old puppy, they had betterlast for hours! Or she'd be swallowing them whole.

If your dog is eating that kind of thing in a few bites, she'd better not have them, because she isn't chewing them up, just taking off pieces and swallowing them. Not safe!

They last my dogs about 30 minutes, which is a reasonable length of time for a bully breed dog, though most other breeds would take much longer.

rutibegga
Super Bully

Postby rutibegga » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:39 pm

If your dog is eating that kind of thing in a few bites, she'd better not have them, because she isn't chewing them up, just taking off pieces and swallowing them. Not safe!.

Yeah, I know. After she vomited up half a cow hoof the first day I'd given them to her, I called Slechner and told her they're all hers: cow hooves, pig's ears, and all the other animal parts I have sitting around that Keely can't seem to keep herself from swallowing nearly whole. It's too bad, too, because they made her whole face light up.

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:20 pm

You may want to try getting the larger bully sticks and freezing them. They last much longer and you can take them away when they get to swallowing size.

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:34 pm

hmm.. i must be thinking about something else

pits in 4-H
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pits in 4-H » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:15 am

shadyridgekennels wrote:gross just think if your dog was eating that and then after they gave you a big ol wet kiss!!!! :yucky:

Ohhhhh, smoked bull dicks are so much less Yuck than what country dogs try to get!!! Frozen horse hockey, cow afterbirth, their own butts, housemates butts, bathroom garbage, etc. No dogs are allowed to lick me anywhere near the face.

rutibegga
Super Bully

Postby rutibegga » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:48 am

moto1320 wrote:You may want to try getting the larger bully sticks and freezing them. They last much longer and you can take them away when they get to swallowing size.

Hey, thanks, I'll try that next time...

HartagoldAST

Postby HartagoldAST » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:15 am

rutibegga wrote:Ha! Hours of entertainment? I tried to give Keely one to keep her busy while company was over, and it lasted exactly three chomps. Of course, This is the same dog who eats cow hooves in five minutes, too. I suppose she's a heavy-duty chewer.

DO NOT give her cow hooves!!!!!!! Those are DEADLY. I used to give them to my dogs years ago, until a dog show vendor I bought from told me he refused to sell them any longer after one of his clients' dogs died from one - sharp little pieces the shape of a guitar pick break off and apparently one of those slit the length of the dog's intestine, and by the time it was caught the dog died. Others had blockages. So I stopped feeding them years ago.

Unfortunately my best friend didn't remember me telling her this...... and a few months ago, one of my pups that she owns (Oscar) got very sick quickly, and after days back & forth from the vets, and intestinal surgery at the emergency clinic (of which I lent her $500 for a deposit so they'd do the surgery, she had spent over $2K already and had no more left on her credit cards), it turned out that he had a clump of chew hooves lodged in his intestine. Total ran over $4K, but he's fine now.

NO CHEW HOOVES!!!!!!!!!!!

NYBullylover
Newborn Bully

Postby NYBullylover » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:13 am

Wow! I Only Tried Cow Hooves Once. But Not Anymore For Sure. Guess The Smell And Knowing What The Bullystick Is, Is Worth Coping With For My Lil Lady.

GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:27 am

The only place Ive seen them are at petsmart - and I refuse to buy them there.

I think they are about a foot long (give or take) but they are seriously 20$
maybe I will order some off ebay someday lol

Return to “Health Issues”