Do you give supplements?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Do you give supplements?

Sea Meal
No votes
Flax Seed Oil
13%
Multi Vitamans
8%
Yucca
No votes
1 or more of the above
21%
None
58%

Total votes : 24

Postby blover27 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:10 am

Thanks concreterose! :thumbsup:
blover27

Postby HugABull1 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:57 pm

I feed raw, and aside from the meat and bone they get a wide variety of veggies, which is almost like a supplement in itself. They get everything from beansprouts, to turnips, to yams, to dailan (a chinese green veggie), even taro root. If it's edible, they get it.

On top of that, they get plain yogurt several times a week, along with kelp, halibut oil, cayanne pepper, ginger, and apple cider vinegar added to their mash on meat or veg days.

I initially added flax meal, but Gage is allergic to flax. Once in a while I'll throw in some oatmeal or barley and just listen to him snore :roll: Aside from that my dogs' diet is grain free.
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby SuperNova » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:12 pm

I haven't started giving my two girls any supplements yet but would like to start doing that soon. Is it ok to give Nova glucosamine chondroitin at a young age (9wks)? I know her parents had a good temperment but i dont know if they had any problems w/ their joints or not. So i want to be preventative if i can.. or help make her joints stronger while she's young.

I'm also planning on giving them flax seed oil.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby SuperNova » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:19 pm

"If your dog has kidney troubles or the breed is known to be prone to kidney disease, omit the flax and stick with the fish."

So are pits prone to kidney disease? I'm guessing NO since so many of you give flax see oil to your dogs. But i'd like to just make sure.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby JB » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:56 pm

I just started giving my dog suppliments. She seems to get sick fairly easy and is a serious runner, so I figured she probably needs a little extra here and there.

I feed Innova (currently mixing puppy and adult right now)

I give her...

1 1000mg Vitamine C
1 Glucosamine/Chondroitine tab (500mg Glu, 400mg Chon) per day
1 Salmon Oil Cap (Omega 3) (180mg AEP, 120mg ADH)
1 clove of Garlic (sliced up)

Does this seem resonable? She's almost a year old and weighs around 40 lbs.
JB

Previous

Return to Health Issues