Grass Eating

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Grass Eating

Postby Vitaliy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:35 pm

I take my dog to the park everyday and he seems to be loving it, goes crazy running around and grabbing every stick in sight. The thing that bothers me is that every other time I take him to the park he will stop and eat some grass, at times he eats so much that on the way back home he will throw up.

I am just wonder if its alright that he is eating grass? Perhaps he is missing something in his diet?
Vitaliy

Postby SKoth » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm not sure how healthy it is but I can say that my dogs love love love to eat grass! Maybe it's cause we're in the city so fresh burb grass is like a delicacy. Sometimes they throw it up but for the most part it hasn't caused any problems. I would just let him as long as he doesn't vomit too much.
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby elegy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:45 pm

luce eats grass constantly. she's like obsessed with it. i have no idea what she's all about. she never vomits it. maybe i should start offering her salad with her dinner....
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby moto1320 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:11 pm

If I let mine they will sit and graze for 20 mins before even peeing when we first go out. I don't let them because of chemicals, though they haven't ever thrown up from it.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Hondovious » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:21 pm

Do you feed your dogs any fruits and vegetables? It may just be craving vegetation. I have heard that feeding them greenies a couple times a week can help curb the desire to eat grass. Sometimes dogs will eat grass if they have an upset stomach, but if the do it every day I would doubt that is what is causing it. Careful with the greenies tho, Zeus is only a puppy and he will chew on a regular size greenie for a couple minutes then swallow it whole.
Hondovious

Return to Health Issues