Big Azz Bump

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Big Azz Bump

Postby pitbulliest » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:33 pm

Well this isn't the first time this has happened but it sure is the first time it's been this noticeable.

My dog has had a big red bump on her elbow before and it went away after a few months, but now she has this scaly grey wartlike growth on her two right above her nail and it looks like some kind of a reptilian attachment...its literally scaly skin! You can move it around no problem and its so damn dry. I went to the vet and she told me that if it doesn't bother the dog, doesn't bleed and its not itchy, I should just let it be. Well its pretty ugly and its big so it looks like she's got another toe... I'm hoping it'll just dry up and fall of or something but its HUGE...

Has anyone ever had this problem?
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Boo439 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:40 am

Does she sleep in a kennel with no bedding? Sounds like it could be a kennel sore. If not, I have no clue :))
Boo439

Postby pitbulliest » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:00 pm

No she's not kennel trained. She sleeps with me in bed or most of the time, on a big fluffy doggy bed next to mine.
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SuperNova » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:04 pm

Yes, our male sheperd has one of those on his elbow. It moves around, its very dry, its gray/scaly and pink where the gray/scaly area stops. It's also squishy and it just dangles there. It is sort of like a wart, but looks more like a deformed mushroom head on fonzies elbow. It's nothing to worry about according to our vet as well.. as long as he doesn't find it and chew on it and as long as it doesn't bleed, just like you mentioned.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues