crop help...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Boro
Newborn Bully

crop help...

Postby Boro » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:06 pm

Sorry to post a new topic about crops... I've been reading the other posts about the different crops, but I still can't find the style I'm looking for. I asked the vet when I could crop his ears, and he told me that next week after his last shot would be good. Although I've been stressed out thinking how will I get the money too afford it, what really concerns me is that the vet uses the Doberman style on pitbulls but cuts the tip of the ears curved. I'm having second thoughts about cropping Boro's ears but I wish his ears wouldn't look so hanged (they fall completely downwards). The crop i liked the most was the one the pitty on the banner has... :inlove:

Anyway I'll keep looking for some good and experienced vet (some1 with laser thingy would be great).

Btw is there anyway I could get some pics of that pit's ears so I could show the vet. I'm sure there is a vet here somewhere that will be able to do it. Thanks in advanced. Also sorry for the typos and if anyone else feels like posting some similar crops, go ahead :thumbsup:

iluvmypits
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby iluvmypits » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:22 pm

i love the natural look....just my opinion!

Boro
Newborn Bully

Postby Boro » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:34 pm

I like the natural look, but I just love that cropped look... I think Boro will look amazing with his ears cropped. But if I can't find a vet that can do the look I want then his ears won't be cropped. I have the other pic of the pitbull on the top banner, but it doesn't show too clearly the crop, at least not in detail for someone to see and compare.

iluvmypits
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby iluvmypits » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:01 pm

Boro wrote:

I like the natural look, but I just love that cropped look... I think Boro will look amazing with his ears cropped. But if I can't find a vet that can do the look I want then his ears won't be cropped. I have the other pic of the pitbull on the top banner, but it doesn't show too clearly the crop, at least not in detail for someone to see and compare.

yea alot of people do like the cropped look. I just personally like the natural look. I don;t know anything abour cropping b/c I have never dealth with it. The dog at the top of the forum looks great to me. Good luck finding someone that does a good job.

Also just a side note-A while back I decided that I wanted to get my girls ears cropped so I callled the local vet. They were like "We do not do cropping" and I asked why. They said that it is sooooo painful for the dog and they would not even think of doing it. I guess that is why I like natural so much better...I had no idea it was as painful as they described!

Ivan and Savoy

Postby Ivan and Savoy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:15 pm

i like the natural too, it shows their expressions better!! But the cropped look is cool too. 8) i know there are some nice crops on here!

Naplis Slim
Newborn Bully

Postby Naplis Slim » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Bo's head isn't that big so I had his ears done kinda short... I like the look.

FrieFlyAPBT

Postby FrieFlyAPBT » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am

I had Gremlins ears cropped long because that is what i like on my dogs.

his head is not done gowing yet so they look like horns LOL but when his head fills in they will be WONDERFUL!!

bluielover

Postby bluielover » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:07 am

the doberman look wont be to bad cuz his head will grow in. i honestly like tthe "show" crop which is a bit long but short in a weird way. chicos ears were so so so big that they had to go short, but i love the way he looks with them.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:55 am

Only APBT I've ever had cropped.

I like this boy's crop, too: Rama

Though personally, I'm going with natural ears from now on. I wont put a pup through surgery like that unless their ears are so bad it would hinder them in the show ring. JMO.

shadyridge

Postby shadyridge » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:15 am

here's Pearls crop...

SueG
Matured Bully

Postby SueG » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:33 am

My Max has a realy nice crop. It was done before I adopted him. Although I think he looks very handsome with his little ears, I would have never done it to him myself. I have heard that gettting cropped is very painful and tramatic for a pup.

Max's crop as a puppy

Max's crop as an adult

greenkozi
Bully Ambassador

Postby greenkozi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:34 am

if you're concerned about where you're going to get the money to crop his ears, skip it. you'll need that money for more important things (i.e. not cosmetic) for your dog.

SueG
Matured Bully

Postby SueG » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:35 am

Damn missing edit button :po:

I meant croppping is traumatic not tramatic of course.

Boro
Newborn Bully

Postby Boro » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 am

LOL, i thought i had posted this under gallery.
Wow awsome crops everyone :bowdown: . Btw, i heard that in humans if you cut someone's ear that will affect audition, because it works as a device that helps to capture sound waves better in the direction they're pointing to (or something like that).
I was wondering if the same could happen to a dog?
I'd have to go with no, but I'm not 100% sure. And if that lowers Boro's audition in any way, I'd be lamenting the day I cropped his ear (if i do).

Boro
Newborn Bully

Postby Boro » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:47 am

greenkozi wrote:if you're concerned about where you're going to get the money to crop his ears, skip it. you'll need that money for more important things (i.e. not cosmetic) for your dog.

You're right, I'd be needing to pay the vet for Boro's visit next week, as well as for the shot, and Phoenix's visit as well. Heh, I just can't wait to get my scolarship again.
Oh well, it doesn't bother me that much, at least Phoenix already has her ears cropped...they're a really small crop though.
I'll see what I can do, maybe I could get 95$ this week somehow.... :bully:

Return to “Health Issues”