Car Travel???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Car Travel???

Postby frenzy2223 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:52 am

When I first got Sadie she could travel in the car without any problems. Now is seems like when I take her in the car she drools like crazy! Does this happen to anyone else??? Please let me know!
frenzy2223

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:06 pm

that happened w/ my beagle. Your dog may have allergies to something in the air.. pollen...etc.. snickers had the same problem. The vet also told me she just may be scared. Maybe your dog relates car rides w/ the vet?? Snickers did for a while...made her nose run and she drooled a LOT.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:08 pm

Thought i'd share my other baby.. snickers :inlove:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby elizer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:50 pm

god i love beagles
but when their nose goes down their brain just turns off.
elizer

Postby frenzy2223 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:01 pm

Thanks for the info! It doesn't seem like she is scared, because she just goes to sleep in the car! She just got her 2nd set of shots at the vet, so maybe that has something to do with it. I guess we will see if it improves.

PS: Your beagle is cute!
Last edited by frenzy2223 on Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
frenzy2223

drooling

Postby Maryellen » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:43 pm

drooling is a sign of motion sickness:( my GSD was fine inthe beginning, then she got carsick, now she is fine. it takes a while for pups to get the hang of the car ride, some get car sick some dont
Maryellen

Postby jamobi » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:17 pm

When mine were puppies they would drool in the car right before they threw up. They got car sick because they were in the crate in the car. They hated the car for a while but now i can't keep them out. Even if i go and get something out of the car they jump in and beg to go somewhere.
jamobi

Postby jcd410 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:46 am

My 14 wk pup doesn't like car rides. He knows when we're about to take a ride because he follows me outside (everywhere for that matter) and then once I open the passenger side door - he runs back to the front door of my house. I always have to carry him and put him in the car. He breathes heavily in the car too ... but once I turn on the A/C and play some soft music, he's off to bed. He's thrown up in the car about 5 times since I've had him.

Does this sound normal ... ?
jcd410

Postby barbponys » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:53 am

Garion hasn't had trouble with car sickness but it took him a while to approach the open door on his own. I would have to go get him, once he was in the car he fell asleep right away. He was crated the first 6 weeks now he rides in the front seat. He's getting to big for that fast, if the back is free he will go back there now.
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues