Canidae feeders

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:11 pm

Thanks! His weight tends to fluctuate, so sometimes he looks chubbier, and sometimes nice and lean. Hes in a lean stage right now, so I need to go take some pictures of him! I just realized all of his pictures are really outdated.

:)

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:35 am

Picked up a big sack of Canidae today. Much better deal than NV. ($33.99 for a 40-pound bag versus $39.99 for a 30-pound bag of NV.) If the dogs stay just as healthy and shiny as they are now, we may stick with it.

PIT POPPA

Postby PIT POPPA » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:16 pm

This is Sissy smooching on her dad. She'd been eating Canidae for about 2 months when this was taken.

Odnarb

Postby Odnarb » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:18 pm

We feed Canidae!

In fact, Grant will eat a whole bag if given the chance!

Aimee

Kira
Newborn Bully

Postby Kira » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:43 pm

Kira eats Canidae and she loves it.

Image[/img]

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:00 am

Hehe. I remember the chubby Grant pics. He looks as if he's momentarily pondering whether that was really a good idea or not.

I almost had a fit this morning when Loki woke me up about 4 hours early so she could poop 3 piles of orange stuff in the yard. I started right away kicking myself for switching their food. But then I realized what had happened. I'd given the dogs those gel-filled hollow bones, which usually last a fair amount of time. Jedi had more or less just slobbered on his for 20 minutes and then took a nap. Loki did serious excavation on hers and got the filling out in about 2 minutes, chewed the bone for an hour or two, then proceeded to get the filling out of Jedi's bone. Evidently that stuff isn't intended for mass consumption. (She had a look kind of like chubby Grant before she went to bed last night, and I was chiding her about having to crack down on her conditioning. After her spelling relief all over the lawn, she looked normal again.)

Whittney32

Postby Whittney32 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:35 am

Is Canidae available in the Southeast?? I've been looking for it but I haven't seen any.. and anyone I ask looks at me like im nuts. Im feeding some sort of Vet Feed thats corn free but thats all i know for allergies. I would really like to get a hold of some Canidae

PIT POPPA

Postby PIT POPPA » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:11 pm

Is Canidae available in the Southeast?? I've been looking for it but I haven't seen any.. and anyone I ask looks at me like im nuts.

There's a store locater on the Canidae sight. That's how I found a distributor!

http://www.canidae.com/dogs/all_life_stages/dry.html

ilovexzar
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovexzar » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:01 pm

Canidae made Xzar chocolate too much.

He's now on Wellness Lamb.

Skinnier in the winter - due to lack of exercise....more muscle in the warmer months b/c he gets walked/run more.

75lbs now.

Whittney32

Postby Whittney32 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Ah! What an idiot I am! Thanks! I found a few places nearby that carry it! I may go pick up a bag and let em try it

LazyDaisy
Forum Junky

Postby LazyDaisy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:46 pm

Okay, now I am thinking of switching back. Our dogs were always on Canidae, but then Rosco had some skin issues so I started switching up the food. We're on Wellness now, but I noticed that Daisy is starting to shed a lot (white dog, not a pretty site when most everything I wear is black! lol ) .

Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby Scooch&Beau » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:21 pm

I can post pictures when I get home, but we feed Canidae and the dogs look great. Our foster, Gracie, started eating Canidae right when she arrived (9 days ago) and I can already tell a huge difference in her coat. It looks much healther and has a lot more shine.

Whittney32

Postby Whittney32 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:56 pm

(white dog, not a pretty site when most everything I wear is black! )

I can sympathize with that LazyDaisy... Nothing I do stops my boxer from shedding... he's white too.

Foxwood
Newborn Bully

Postby Foxwood » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:21 pm

If I knew how to post pictures on here I would....but you can check out pictures of Jada at http://ktaylor6642.tripod.com/photographs.htm just a site that I had to make for school, so ignore most of it! She's been eating Canidae for almost 2 years. Before that she was on raw. Keeps her at a PERFECT weight on 1.5C(measured out) a day, with lots of exercise. The vet always asks how I keep her in shape, and compliments clean teeth, small poops(when I board her there..) and great coat!

Whittney32

Postby Whittney32 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:30 am

Jada is beautiful! I want to start showing so bad!

Return to “Health Issues”