cali keeps coughing and choking!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:40 pm

hmm... no sound... the sound is important.

Can you ask your vet if you can e-mail him the videos prior to your appointment? Or if he has internet, maybe you can show him that way too...

EagleEye

Postby EagleEye » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:45 pm

Please let us know how Cali is doing and what the vet says. I'm really sorry to hear she's having this problem. :sad:

BullyBoi

Postby BullyBoi » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:46 pm

Good idea if or when i call them i will see if i can email them the vids. I know it sucks i dont have any sound.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:30 am

What I saw and heard on the video made me think of kennel cough right away (bordetella).The vet only listened to her hearth? When did this start?The coughing when the bordetella virus is involved can last from 7 to 21 days so if this is lasting for so long, even here and there I woud guess that is what she might have.Many dogs can recover on their own, even without medications and I think that life threatening cases are few but that doesn't mean it has to be left untreated .Other serious respiratory diseases like valley fever or even heartworms might display similar coughing and sounds. I find it odd that the vet did not give you any cough suppressants or antibiotics, if he/she did not find any other reasoning for her cough.Was the dog boarded recently or been in an environment were many dogs were present?

BullyBoi

Postby BullyBoi » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:07 am

Red wrote:What I saw and heard on the video made me think of kennel cough right away (bordetella).The vet only listened to her hearth? When did this start?The coughing when the bordetella virus is involved can last from 7 to 21 days so if this is lasting for so long, even here and there I woud guess that is what she might have.Many dogs can recover on their own, even without medications and I think that life threatening cases are few but that doesn't mean it has to be left untreated .Other serious respiratory diseases like valley fever or even heartworms might display similar coughing and sounds. I find it odd that the vet did not give you any cough suppressants or antibiotics, if he/she did not find any other reasoning for her cough.Was the dog boarded recently or been in an environment were many dogs were present?

Thanks for the info but i think you misunderstood. We havent taken her to the vet yet for her coughing but we went around a month ago for a checkup and to ge tsome lumps checked out. He listen to her heart then and said it sounded normal and we also had her tested for heartworms and intestinal parisites. She hasnt had a vaccine for kennel cough and hopefully it is that and nothing too serious. She wasnt boarded and hasnt even came into contact with another dog. But it does come and go so you may be right. Thnaks. :peace:

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:31 am

How is your girl doing?What did the vet say?

BullyBoi

Postby BullyBoi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am

RedNoseSandyRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby RedNoseSandyRose » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:49 pm

Sandy does this all the time!

BullyBoi

Postby BullyBoi » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:49 pm

Wow sandy and cali must be related.

BullyBoi

Postby BullyBoi » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:50 pm

roflmao