Supplement suggestions.....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Supplement suggestions.....

Postby Suade » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:44 pm

Hey everyone, My name is Oscar, I'm from Houston, TX, I'm a newbie to the this board.......I have a 9 week old pit bull puppy that currently weighs 13.3 lbs. I was wondering what supplement would be best for my pup?

as far as food concerns, I have her on Nutro large breed puppy formula. I want her to have good weight & size, especially throughout her pup stage. Could anyone please suggest any good supplements for puppys? any feedback is greatly appreciatted, thanks in advance...... :thumbsup:

Oscar
Suade

Puppy Supps

Postby jcolt32 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:12 pm

Not sure about the supplements for her - there are so many to chose. But you may want to switch her food. Nutro is a good food. But, for the price you can put her on a better food. Innova is an exceelent food and the first 3 ingredients will provide her with true meat protein sources. Or, Canidae is another option. 3 of the first 5 ingredients are meat which will privde meat protein source. Nutro has only one meat protein source in the first 7(i think it's 7) ingredients. Meat is a better protein source than grains. You can get her on a High end multi-vitamin. But, Innova and Canidae have a lot of good stuff in them. The knock is that they have too many ingredients which could be a problem for sensitive dogs. But, a great choice for non-snesitive dogs
jcolt32

Postby Suade » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:32 pm

So you think innova would improve the chances of weight gain? Where is a good place to get that food from?? Thanks for the info

Oscar
Suade

Food locator

Postby jcolt32 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:45 am

try their websites.

www.natura.com for Innove and California Natural

www.canidae.com for Canidae
jcolt32

Puppy Sups

Postby jmann4 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:45 am

I used Peak Performance Puppy Grow

http://209.163.249.7/product.asp?0=406&1=412&3=346

You can use it up until 6 months old. I liked the results my dog got from it.
jmann4

Postby Suade » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:03 pm

I ordered a 4lb peak gorw supplement, and gave a little to my pup, but she didnt really like it...didnt even eat her food........does anyone else use this on there puppy, any suggestions on a better way to feed this to her??

Suade

Postby Amy » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:51 pm

A lot of times my foster pups turn up their noses at the good food since so many of them have had junk food before coming to me. With these pups, I mix in either canned good food or yogurt or something like that to make it taste really good. You can use quite a bit at first and then decrease the amount you use slowly as they get used to eating the food. They will usually eat it dry by the time they get adopted. Course a little canned food or yogurt doesn't hurt them at all either if you wanted to continue it.
Amy

Return to Health Issues