Recommendation for Timberwolf Dry Food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
RedNoseSandyRose
Adolescent Bully

Recommendation for Timberwolf Dry Food?

Postby RedNoseSandyRose » Sat May 06, 2006 4:45 pm

I'm taking the plunge and going with Timberwolf since I've heard such great things about it. Which flavor of dry would you recommend. Not sure what to go with? How about the wet food I was thinking the variety pack and also what about the salmon oil>? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sat May 06, 2006 4:57 pm

I say go for either Elk and Salmon or Dakota Bison

I also use Salmon oil

Good Luck with the switch! I hope they do well on it :thumbsup:

RedNoseSandyRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby RedNoseSandyRose » Sat May 06, 2006 5:20 pm

I'm just confused here now I was reading some entries on the 'Top 5 Foods' thread and I see that some people feed BARF & Timberwolf. So, would it just be alright to feed the dry kibble? And if it is really recommended that I must feed raw with the Timberwolf what would be a sample 'menu' if you will? I have no clue! But I'd really like to go ahead and do this very soon. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Sat May 06, 2006 5:26 pm

I feed the bison, elk, ocean blue and sometimes the lamb and apple--I rotate through several formulas since my dog doesn't seem to have any food-related allergies. I don't supplement with raw. Lucy has been eating TW for a little under a year and is doing great.

vamp
Newborn Bully

Postby vamp » Sun May 07, 2006 7:17 pm

rgyoung777 wrote:I feed the bison, elk, ocean blue and sometimes the lamb and apple--I rotate through several formulas since my dog doesn't seem to have any food-related allergies.

I do the same. The woman who runs the local pet store seems to think (as do quite a few folks around here) that rotating the dog's protien source is a good idea. That said, I'm just rotate through the flavors each purchase.

-
Jim

BullyBoi

Postby BullyBoi » Sun May 07, 2006 7:25 pm

Good luck you will be able to feed less of that and hopefully she will shed some weight,. :thumbsup:

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Sun May 07, 2006 7:27 pm

I will third the comments about the rotating of flavors; however, for Lilo her stool was not as good on the Southwest Chicken & Herbs as the others.

She seems to do best on the Dakota Bison & Wild & Natural. I drizzle a little Olive Oil on top for dinner.

Hopefully you have a local store you can buy from. Whatever you do, DO NOT order from Timberwolf Organics directly. Their customer service is notoriously horrible !!! If you have to order online, order from Tony in Rhode Island @ http://alpha-nutrition.site.yahoo.net/ aka www.doggiefood.com (they're transitioning to the doggiefood name).

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Sun May 07, 2006 7:31 pm

Yeah, Kazuo is right! If you can find it locally, go for it, or get it online from Tony.

Timberwolf has simply atrocious customer service when ordering direct.

vachargerfan
Newborn Bully

Postby vachargerfan » Mon May 08, 2006 4:47 pm

I got the Elk. No problems at all with it. Dog might actually have too much energy lol

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Mon May 08, 2006 4:56 pm

I've been feeding the TW for almost a year now and my dog has never looked better. It's the best kibble I have found.

So far I have fed her the Elk and the Bison, and plan to rotate thru the Ocean Blue and the Black Forest, and maybe the Lamb.

I am in the minority in that I have ordered it on line directly from TW and not had a problem so far. But I do order it way ahead in case there is a delay. And I would also recommend ordering from Tony as posted above, he has great prices!

Return to “Health Issues”