Glueing Ears?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Glueing Ears?

Postby chris allen » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:17 pm

I just saw this online, and saw it is a way to get rose type ears. Is this common, acceptable, good/bad? Does it work long term? Just curious about it as we didnt want to crop Leroy's ears, but the look of the rose ears is nice, and Im wondering if the glueing is safe and pain free?
chris allen

Postby Sarah » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:41 pm

Glueing is safe enough, but it's questionable how much it works. It won't give you rose ears if the dog doesn't naturally have them, it can help encourage a naturally rose ear that might be experiencing a wayward period. It's usually used to help a pup through the awkward period when they are teething and the ears go haywire. How successful it is is debatable, as the ears might have settled down fine eventually anyway.

If the pup in your avatar is the one you are thinking of, his ears look fine, and I'd probably just leave them be.

edited to say that I went and looked at your Dogster page, and there's no way that pup's ears will rose, so I wouldn't bother trying.
Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby elizer » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:25 am

ya this is interesting
my pup has one rose ear and one floppy...
i decided against cropping his ears but now he just looks silly so im thinking about doing it again
elizer

Return to Health Issues