dripping urine

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

dripping urine

Postby elegy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:56 am

luce is dripping urine off and on, mostly when she's out playing. she'll sit and when she gets up, she'll squirt maybe a quarter sized spot of urine. i see her dripping when she trots, but i don't notice her leaking when she's sleeping (ie, i didn't see any urine spots on my bed or the white matress pad under my sheets).

this has been going on for awhile, and we ran routine bloodwork (totally normal) and a urinalysis was totally normal. that was back maybe 4 months ago?

does anybody know if there are any kind of supplements or homeopathic type stuff for this kind of thing? i don't want to put her on PPA if i don't have to.

teach the dog kegels, right? 8)
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Vitaliy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:18 pm

Check out this article http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/show ... cfm?id=394 and I suggest you check her urinary tract at the vet.
Vitaliy

Postby elegy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:55 pm

she had a urine checked and it was normal.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby pocketpit » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:41 pm

Curious as to why you don't want to use PPA.
pocketpit

Postby elegy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:37 am

mostly because i prefer not to use any drugs unless i have to. and because she's only two, and i worry about possible long-term effects.

after the urinalysis came back normal we just kind of assumed it's spay-related, but now i'm wondering if she could have something else going on? and maybe i should be seeking further answers from either this vet or another?

i don't know.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby moto1320 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:02 pm

My guess would have definately been a low level UTI. Hit another vet, I always welcome second opinions.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby mnp13 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:37 pm

Ruby has leaked since her spay. I cycle her on and off PPA and have had good results. I also limit her water intake in the evenings to help prevent accidents.

Michelle
mnp13

Return to Health Issues