a bit of blood on a toy

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

a bit of blood on a toy

Postby mare » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:30 pm

I bought Sophie a new toy---a "Good Cuz". 8) She has been having a great time with it and I think it is actually going to last. No rubber pieces, yet! I just noticed, though, that after she is finished playing, there are a couple of tiny specks of blood on it. I looked at her paws and in her mouth and I can't see any blood at all. Do you think it is coming from her gums--she kind of gnaws mostly with her back teeth.

Thanks from a concerned mom. :oops:
mare

Postby jmann4 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:38 pm

If it's just a few little drops I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a lot, then I would check her mouth. But a it could be from her gums if they are not used to being poked, rubbed etc... a little bleeding is common.

But nothing to freak out over.
jmann4

Postby moto1320 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:44 pm

Yeah, don't sweat it. Mine only get the Nylabones for powerful chewers. They are like rocks. Blood ends up on them all the time.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby damienApbt » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:58 pm

i agree with the wise mods....no sweat.

rod has a rope tug toy.. it always gets a bit bloody from the rubbing.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby mare » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:54 pm

Thanks so much, guys! :)

I will keep an eye on her. Her last toys were stuffed ones and before that was a Kong, but that was a while back...she may not be used to this type of toy. I am actually amazed that it is still in one piece.

By the way, I am realllllllly overprotective with her. Always have been, but when our cat died in June, it was so sudden (a clot) and I could not have controlled it, but I blamed myself. So, now Sophie is the only child and must deal with my obsessing. :oops:
mare

Postby mnp13 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:38 pm

You and me both...

I watch Ruby, Merlin and Faye VERY closely since Mordred died last year.

but no worries on the blood, it's 100% normal.
mnp13

Postby mare » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:39 pm

Thanks, both of you!!!!

Michelle, I am so sorry about Mordred. I know how much it hurts. I miss Salem every single day.

Chea, this toy is too cool and today, I saw even less blood (like almost none).
:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. My husband thought I was crazy, but he was wondering, too... :)
mare

Return to Health Issues