Anybody heard of Diamond Dog food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Ronin
Adolescent Bully

Anybody heard of Diamond Dog food?

Postby Ronin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:10 pm

just wondering, another apbt owner was trying to convince me i should switch from twolf to it, i told him i had never heard of it befor.

IamaDick
Addicted to PBF

Postby IamaDick » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:11 pm

I think somebody asked about that same food a couple weeks ago. Try doing a search, i havent heard of it before either.

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:11 pm

naaah, Timberwolf is WAY better than Diamond!

Doberpit

Postby Doberpit » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:14 pm

Never heard of it before today, when the poster BullyProud recommended it to me on another thread. Maybe BullyProud will chime in here...

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:21 pm

Here's Diamond's Original Formula ingredients:

Meat meal, ground corn, wheat flour, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), corn gluten meal, beet pulp (sugar removed), natural chicken flavor, egg product, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, vitamins and minerals.

:yucky:

Stick with a quality food.

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:23 pm

& here is their Diamon Natural Chicken & Rice Formula:

Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, white rice, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, beet pulp, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate,
ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Better, but way below Timberwolf. WAY below.

BullyProud
Super Bully

Postby BullyProud » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 pm

no no no lol I didn't mean for it to come off like that I reccomened it as one of the cheapest decent foods out there but twolf is WAAAAY better! Most of the diamond varities have corn in them the Lamb and rice does not but it's defenetly not one of my favorite foods, I personally wouldn't feed it but it's way better than the grocery store stuff thats for sure, the lamb is anyway, I know about it because my mother feeds it. She likes the results she gets and her dogs look pretty good but she is alway commenting on how good red bull looks at the same time lol

If you can find it and get it stick with the Twolf or one of the other high quality foods. Diamond is a mid grade food not bad but not good either. If you really want to call off the twolf and go with diamond try the "premium edge'' it's diamods super premium line pretty decent food. I'd still stick with the Twolf myself though...

Hows that for chimin in :tongue:

BullyProud
Super Bully

Postby BullyProud » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:26 pm

No edit so double post...

Also when I refer to diamond I am refering to the Lamb and the new, new around here anyway, chicken forumlas ONLY all their other stuff, that I have seen, is crap I forgot to mention that :thumbsup:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 pm

I am surprised you don;t remember hearing abut Diamond food back in the winter.
They made all the papers, internet and t.v. news when their moldy corn food poisoned/killed many dogs.
If you do a search on here, it was a lot of posts made about it too.
try Diamond food recall and read for yourself.

Ronin
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ronin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:57 pm

Wow, ive done my homework on twolf and wouldent switch his diet unless I thought there was a better food. He loves it!! I only asked because this guy was hypeing it up! I will be sticking it out with TWolf :thumbsup:

Ronin
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ronin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:58 pm

pblove wrote:I am surprised you don;t remember hearing abut Diamond food back in the winter.
They made all the papers, internet and t.v. news when their moldy corn food poisoned/killed many dogs.
If you do a search on here, it was a lot of posts made about it too.
try Diamond food recall and read for yourself.

WWOOOOWWWWW!!! How much trouble does a food manufature get in when you bad dog food starts killing off dogs??

BullyProud
Super Bully

Postby BullyProud » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:12 am

It was the corn in it that was causing the problems... just one MORE reason to stay away from dog foods with corn in them :cool:

I love my Timberwolf I don't know what I would do with out it. Oh wait yes I do feed only raw :thumbsup:

aaronchpmn
Adolescent Bully

Postby aaronchpmn » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:48 pm

On the east coast one of Diamond manufacturing plants had a SERIOUS problem with mold in their machines, resulting in huge amounts of dog deaths due to the the food..... HOWEVER it was only one plant so it was limited to a few amount of states AND if you got diamonds "top of the line" food, which is their lamb and rice formula, then the mold wasnt in it anyway...... to OP Diamond IMO is a decent food and affordable, I'd choose it over Science Diet ANYDAY however if your feeding timberwolf than the person who told you to switch doesnt really know too much about whats good for dogs and what isnt so i'd treat it like a unwanted garbage and throw it out

bella_blue
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bella_blue » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:09 pm

I recently switched my dogs from Diamond Lamb and Rice to Timberwolf, and they do MUCH better on TW. Healthier skin and coat, less allergy problems, overall better immune systems.

Return to “Health Issues”