Saw my pup eat his own poo, eww

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Saw my pup eat his own poo, eww

Postby DamnWRX » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:09 pm

Saw him eat his poop the other day (it's fuk& disgusting) any thoughts on what to do, keep him from ingesting....his own, YUCKkkkkk :yucky:
DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Postby cisom » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:59 pm

It's a treat!! Cat poo is even more delectable. But seriously, there are things you can buy to feed your dog that supposedly make it taste bad. The best way to keep it from happening is to pick it up so it's not there to be eaten.
cisom
Matured Bully

Hey Cisom???

Postby BudDog » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:37 pm

Do you have any new pics of your doggie? I asked you a few months back about your Rott/Pit cuz I also have one....remember? Any new pics?
BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby MustangGT » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:37 pm

Sprinkle meat tenderizer on his food, I think it's called Adolph's. Its supposed to taste horrible once passing through.
MustangGT

Postby DamnWRX » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:43 pm

Snack-A- Poo.......Adolph's here we come roflmao

Thank Ya'll :thumbsup:
DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Postby turtle » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:36 pm

Yes, try some meat tenderizer on the food. Also feeding a little crushed pineapple in his food should help. I'd use one at a time, not the two together. Both are supposed to make the stool taste horrid to the dog. I've not had a dog with this problem in a long time but I remember well how annoying it is!

The on line vet supply places like KV Vet do sell something called "For-bid" to put in the food to stop stool eating.

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby DamnWRX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:25 am

I tried putting hot sauce (Tapatio) :twisted: on his def', licked it and started going crazy, after awhile he started barking at it, urghhh so far, he's left it alone dunno bout' the rest of it though......
DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Postby barbponys » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:56 am

Some dogs like hot sauce, or will eat it any way. Meat tenderizer would be a good back up.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby JCleve86 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:19 am

Bosco is a fellow poo-eater. We got For-Bid from the vet. He still eats poo. Seriously, the only thing that keeps Bosco from eating it is if we pick it up before he has the chance to start snackin. Ewww I grossed myself out... :yucky:

Anyways, I've read the poo-eating (theres a name for it...begins with a "c"...) comes from an old instinct to cover their tracks, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Obviously you don't want him to do it...I'm just saying it's not a bad behavior and it doesn't mean he's missing nutrients from his diet (a popular theory).
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby DamnWRX » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:20 am

Yeah! Thanks.......EEEEEeeeWwWwWwWwWwWwWwWwwwwwwwwww :yucky:
DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Return to Health Issues