Neutering costs?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Neutering costs?

Postby mindonmatter » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:22 pm

I was just curious what everyone's experience is with the price of neutering?

I had a quote from my vet, and it seemed a little high from what little I know. I'd like to get some comparisons from you guys and gals.

Thanks!!!
mindonmatter

For us it was free

Postby sundaygirl » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:26 pm

I live in Pittsburgh and there is a local group that pays for spays and neuters for pit bulls (Luther was an intact stray). We only had to pay $10 or $15 for an optional pain shot of some sort and it was done by his regular vet. :thumbsup:
sundaygirl

Postby mindonmatter » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:46 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone know what the "normal" cost is your area? Not low income/low cost. Just the normal price in your area?

Thanks.
mindonmatter

Postby barbponys » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:59 pm

The vet I frequent charges about 80-100? for a neuter and 120-150 for a spay.

I have taken advantage of a mobile spay/neuter clinic for my cat. They do low cost.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby mare » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:32 pm

Sophie was spayed about 2 and a half years ago by my vet. It cost $135.00 and that was based on her weight of about 40-45 lbs at the time. We adopted her from a private shelter who does not spay or neuter--they told us to call the vet and tell them that we adopted her and that we wanted to qualify for some kind of program here in Jersey. From what I understood, if you adopt a dog/cat, they have these grant type things that entitle you to get your new pet altered for like $25. Many vets participate and mine does, but these grants only are available certain times a year and when they run out of $, no more grants. When I called, they told me I would have to wait months and there was already a waiting list. I went ahead and had her spayed at the "normal" cost....
mare

Postby Motodiva » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:39 pm

I had Libby spayed at a nice place, but it was pretty spendy. I think it was about $350. I know it's high, but I liked these people and they took her the night before at no charge. Plus she has NO scar because they didn't use external stitches.

Sanya
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mindonmatter » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:09 am

I told my vet I thought his price was a little expensive and he just says, "Well how's $50 bucks sound?". Sounded fine to me. I'm happy I can use my regular vet instead of going to someone I'm not used to.

So, off with the balls in a month or two. I know it's the right thing to do, but damn I feel guilty already. :crybaby:
mindonmatter

Return to Health Issues