Opinion's on "Revoultion"

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Opinion's on "Revoultion"

Postby kbreese » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:19 pm

I have been trying to decide the best way to protect my dog from all the critters and heartworm etc, without toxifying him too much.

Other than the fact it only kills one kind of tick, it seems like this is a good one-step solution to cover everything...

Opinions??? How toxic is this stuff?? Alternative suggestions certainly welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin
kbreese

Postby jmann4 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:20 pm

I use frontline for fleas and ticks.
jmann4

Postby kbreese » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:24 pm

I was looking at Front Line, but read some negative things about the toxicity of it in another thread. Not sure how valid that was but it concerned me. Also, if you use that for fleas and ticks than what do you use for heartworm ?
kbreese

Postby jmann4 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:26 pm

kbreese wrote:I was looking at Front Line, but read some negative things about the toxicity of it in another thread. Not sure how valid that was but it concerned me. Also, if you use that for fleas and ticks than what do you use for heartworm ?

Heartguard.
jmann4

Postby SuperNova » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:39 pm

So its a good idea for sure to give a pup heartguard regardless? I still have to go buy some. :roll: Oh and some frontline too..
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby jmann4 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:41 pm

SuperNova wrote:So its a good idea for sure to give a pup heartguard regardless? I still have to go buy some. :roll: Oh and some frontline too..

Frontline doesn't fight heartworms. I use both.
jmann4

Postby abman » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:01 pm

I use frontline once in a while when the fleas get bad. Over the years i have talked to many vets and asked them about heartworm preventatives and all of them say that heartgard has the best track record and has the least amount of reactions(unless you have a collie and some other herding breeds) so i use it and it has worked well over the years along with frontline.
abman
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues