Troy's first vet visit

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pitbullforever
Bully Ambassador

Troy's first vet visit

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:53 am

Troy went to the vet yesterday to get his exame and be vacanated. since i work at the vets i had to bring him with me to work. he was soooooo....good. i had to put him in a cage in the back and he just slept all day every now and than he'd look up and bark once and lay back down. i got some good news and some bad news yesterday. the good news was they think he's only around 6 years old we thought he was around 8 or 9 years. YAY!!! the bad news is those creeps who owned him before prob. debarked him. he still can bark but its very low. debarking sounds like a good idea however its very painful for the rest of their lives. it doesn't seem to really bother him but still makes me super mad. my poor poor boy. now thanks to those :po: holes he has no vocal cords, only part of a tounge (the vet said if he would have bit an inch further in he would have died), and lots of scars. yet he still LOVES everyone. i really hate ppl sometimes. :po: good news though the vets and the techs all LOVED him!!! the vet said that he would be the dog that she would have picked too. he's perfect. she wanted to take him home with her. :) i'm so happy he was such a good boy i love my dog. i'm also very happy that he's here now away from all the pain. he gots lots of extra doggie cookies yesterday.

Emi
Forum Junky

Postby Emi » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:17 am

I m sorry to hear this , it's so cruel what they did .. :crybaby:

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:38 am

:frown: Poor boy, sounds a lot like my Howie.

flovianzon
Forum Junky

Postby flovianzon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:44 am

:crybaby: That is so sad. I don't understand why people do that to dogs. I know about their reasonings but I think it is absurd. How else are our pets supposed to talk to us??

pitbullforever
Bully Ambassador

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:39 pm

yeah i feel so bad for him. poor poor boy who now can't really talk.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:57 pm

flovianzon wrote::crybaby: That is so sad. I don't understand why people do that to dogs. I know about their reasonings but I think it is absurd. How else are our pets supposed to talk to us??

We had to debark one of our dogs because we determined it to be the most humane option. Due to some nasty and overly sensitive neighbors and his bad habits, it was the shock collar that made him yelp and cry (and then he'd get shocked for yelping, one setting lower and he would ignore it) or a euthanasia order from animal control. We opted to do the surgery and keep our dog alive. 10 years later he's still a happy healthy dog. He still barks, but the pitch is lower and less annoying, and over the years he's learned a little about when its appropriate to bark and when its not.

Return to “Health Issues”