? for barbponys

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

? for barbponys

Postby texas pit stop » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:10 pm

Ms.Barbpony I have been feeding 7 month old puppy Natural Balance for a couple weeks now, but saw on another thread where you rate it only as middle of the pack. I live in rural southeast Texas and have to drive an hour south just to find the Natural Balance at a Petco. I can get Canadae by driving another 45 minutes or so by going into the edge of Houston.My question is this, is the Canadae that much better to warrant the extra drive. Mind you my only interest lies in what is going to give my dog the best quality of life, I will make the drive if neccessary, but wanted to see what you thought . Thank you for your time.
texas pit stop

Postby Awesome_PIT » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:11 pm

I don't know much about all the different foods but i do Believe that Wellness is right up there with Canidae, do they sell that where you get your natural Balance?? Just trying to help :dunno: Thats what I feed mine and he is doing great.
Awesome_PIT

Postby moto1320 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:54 pm

Wellness would be over Canidae. Hell, if you are going to use that much gas making the trip you could pony up the 15 bucks for shipping and just have it sent right to your door from the distributor of your choice. Timberwolf seems to be at the very top of her list.

http://www.timberwolforganics.com/
moto1320
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:10 pm

Moto hit the nail on the head. With the amount of gas you would expend pay the extra and have it delivered. I would contact the nearest Timberwolf distrubutor, my geography is challenged so if I'm wrong I apologize, I think that would be the lady in SC. It's well worth the expense.
www.cbcdogs.com
admin@cbcdogs.com
704.375.3249 office

She's a very nice lady and I'm sure she would be willing to help you out. Keep in mind for such a young pup, 15# is plenty. You would want the Wild and Natural formula. If you can split the bag in half, seal the unused portion till you need it, so much the better. It's very fresh, for kibble, and it will go rancid if you don't feed it in a month. I know this for fact since I've dealt with the diarrhea that is the result.

If you would rather do the drive then the Canidae is better than Natural Balance, Wellness would be another step up from Canidae.

I remember living in San Antonio(1989) and trying to find decent food(Nutro :yucky: ). We had to drive 40 minutes to get it, what a hassle.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby texas pit stop » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:20 am

Thank you very much for the info guys! I think the Timberwolf through the mail is the way to go, just wanted to hear it from someone else.
texas pit stop

Return to Health Issues