Second hand smoke harms your dog

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Second hand smoke harms your dog

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:00 am

for all you smokers, next time you light up that cigarette, just remember you are slowly killing your own dog ;)

Second Hand Smoke-Hamful to your dog!

We have friends that visit us on a regular basis who smoke. How could this affect our dog?

There are a number of ways that second-hand smoke can affect your dog. For one thing, smoke can damage the sensitive lungs in a dog (small dogs are especially vulnerable). In addition, the fumes can set off a cold that can lead to more serious, sometimes life-threatening conditions. It can also cause irritation to your dog's eyes and throat. And according to studies done by Colorado State University's College of Veterinary Medicine, dogs who live with smokers are more likely to get cancer than dogs that live with non-smokers. So the next time your friends come to visit, ask them politely to go outside before lighting up - your dog will appreciate it.
AllAmericanPUP

Postby Maximus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:41 am

We don't smoke in our house. :tongue:
Maximus

Postby mindonmatter » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:02 am

It's sad that people actually need to be told this. BTW, setting fire to your dog or sticking a knife in his eye could be hazardous to it's heath.
mindonmatter

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:34 am

it is sad, but some people are just oblivous to it i guess.

if you are gonna smoke, at least do it outside!
AllAmericanPUP

Postby Boo439 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:59 am

Even when I did smoke, I would NEVER dream of smoking inside. It leaves yellow residue all over the place and obviously it harms anyone inside with you. Thankfully I quit and drink Diet Pepsi non-stop in place of smoking.
Boo439

Return to Health Issues