Back to Basics pet food???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Back to Basics pet food???

Postby Awesome_PIT » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:07 pm

Back to Basics pet food is based out of Syracuse, New York( where I live). Just wondering if anyone is using or has used it and had any success. I am feeding Wellness right now and its going good, im not looking to switch just wondering if it was good food. The ingredients dont look to bad. www.backtobasicspetfood.com Heres the site
Awesome_PIT

Postby Maximus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:50 pm

From the site:

CORN
Our corn comes from a select group of growers in the mid-west and is certified non-GMO (Genetically Modified). The non-GMO is another concern for pet enthusiasts. Corn is 91% digestible, one of the best sources of linoleic acid and Omega 6 & 3 fatty acids, provides essential amino acids and fiber. Corn is nutritionally superior grain compared with others because it contains a balance of nutrients not found in other grains, and it is known as the "King of Carbohydrates". Back to Basics® corn is more expensive than most because it is human grade!

Huh? I thought corn had very little nutritional value for dogs and was a common allergen... that it is basically filler... confused I am! (I don't feed my dogs a corn-based kibble, by the way.)
Maximus

Postby barbponys » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:39 pm

UGH!!!! Run...........run awaaaaaaay!. In all seriousness, you don't want to feed a food that has corn as the second ingredient. I don't care what kind of corn it is, organic, non-GMO, white, yellow, pink or green. Corn is corn is corn, dogs don't get along with it, can't digest it. It's a bad idea period. Oh the gasssssss just thinking about that food. BLECK! Stick with the Wellness.
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues