URGENT!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

URGENT!!

Postby k33x » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:56 am

I don't know if this is the correct place for this topic, so if needed please move. What can I feed a 4-8 week old pup??? What are the best things I can do to keep this pup alive? She is in VERY bad condition! Please, anybody reply with helpful info. Right now, I've bought cans of that Nurturing Milk stuff from Wal-Mart and some wet canned puppy food. She is sleeping with me tonight since I can keep her warm that way. She is actually VERY hyper and playful even though her condition is pretty bad. I just want to make SURE this puppy survives, so please...any help would be MUCH appreciated.
k33x

Postby JessaNGizmo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:09 am

Ok I'm guessing you rescued her from somewhere so here is what I would do. Go buy some puppy esbilac and feed her that, thats just like a mommas milk. If you want you could get a good soft puppy food and mix a little of that in also depending if you think she should have some of that also. Feed her that and get her in to a vet! Buy a heating pad and some blankets as if she naps in the middle of the day keep her warm. Whats the story of this sweety?
Jessa

Here is a link, Im sure people at petsmart could help you also
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441775298&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302032951&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673314667&bmUID=1092715447971
JessaNGizmo

Postby k33x » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:12 am

JessaNGizmo wrote:Ok I'm guessing you rescued her from somewhere so here is what I would do. Go buy some puppy esbilac and feed her that, thats just like a mommas milk. If you want you could get a good soft puppy food and mix a little of that in also depending if you think she should have some of that also. Feed her that and get her in to a vet! Buy a heating pad and some blankets as if she naps in the middle of the day keep her warm. Whats the story of this sweety?
Jessa
Thank you. Where could I get the 'esbilac'? Wal-Mart? Petmart? It's a very long story...and she's falling asleep in my lap as I type this, so I'm going to bed...I'll tell you guys tomorrow! Please if you feel as if you know of something else I could do, please reply!

*edit* WE'RE going to bed! :))
*edit#2 :)) * Thanks for the link! But it's not working...
k33x

Postby JessaNGizmo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:22 am

Well the link is for Petsmart, You might be able to get it anywhere Im not really sure. Call the vet on Tuesday morning and just tell them you rescued a little pup and would like to get her checked out and get her scheduled for shots. Never can hurt. Do you plan on keeping her? I cant wait to hear the story, Make sure you dont roll on top of her! Make sure you keep up with the Eslibac until she seems strong enough, then go a few more days! Start with a mix of the eslibac and soft puppy food. Just not a low quality, high as you can get! Everyone else will help you out! Never been in that posistion....No matter what I would take her in!! good job for you!
Jessa

ALSO, Keep her away from other dogs and cats, she needs to stay off the floors also unless freshly cleaned. Shes suseptable(sp?) to everything right now.
JessaNGizmo

Postby JessaNGizmo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:52 am

:goodpost:
JessaNGizmo

Postby k33x » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:41 am

JessaNGizmo wrote::goodpost:
Pics will be posted soon you guys! She's very beautiful! Long story short...I 'rescued' her from some CARELESS "owner"...he had the mother with the puppies in a small shack about the size of a laundry room (the first time I saw them). Second time I saw them (last night) there was only this puppy left, the WHOLE entire floor where the puppy was laying was covered...in...well, doggy doo. I acted out of anger and well, took the dog. I'm sorry if you guys think I 'robbed' the pup, but...I personally think I did the right thing.
k33x

Postby JCleve86 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:06 pm

Ick. I think you did the right thing. And if you can't find that esbilac stuff, I'm positive you could find it at the vets. I always see it at ours when we take the crazies in.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues