Update on Grunts Vet Visit....And some good news.....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby JessaNGizmo » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:12 pm

First the Bad News -

Just got back from the vet and its the mange, AGAIN! So the vet, who is the best, wanted to do dips and shots for it, I told him NO on the dips. NO WAY, They didnt work before and the Shots did. So once a week we go to get a shot as that will be cheaper then going orally every day. He reccomended going to a health store to see if we can get anything to help rebuild an immune system and to start him on that. So will do that today. There werent many mites, I only saw one and he said he had to SEARCH for it, So thats good. We caught it early enough to go thru the weekend and it not get any worse. So thats a good thing atleast.....Me so sad.......

Good News -
Got a call this morning before we left, Orientation for Walmart at 8:00 tomorrow, So I guess that means I got the job?

Thought I would update everyone....Thanks so much Christelle....Your such an angel!
JessaNGizmo

Postby pocketpit » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:07 pm

Best wishes for Grunt! Kick those mites in the :moon:
pocketpit

Postby heatherlyn » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:09 pm

Sorry to hear about the mites, that must be so frustrating. Here is a link to a wonderful place for pet vitamins and supplements:
http://b-naturals.com/default.php

K9Nutrition is moderated by the woman that runs that store, she may be able to give you some recommendations as to what supplements might be best for Baloo's condition: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K9Nutrition/

Best of luck to you both!
heatherlyn
Adolescent Bully

Postby Kelliek » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:53 am

hi jessa,
cody had mange as a pup - went thru MONTHS of dips and it just kept getting worse. i went to my herbalist and we decided to treat his immune system. i put him on fish oil, vitamin e, flax seed powder, flax seed oil, and olive oil. his fur started growing back within 3 days! i say treat the immune system and stay away from the harsh chemicals if possible. i still supplement cody's diet and his coat is very nice. good luck!
kellie
Kelliek

Postby JessaNGizmo » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:24 am

Grunt/Baloo is on Sea Meal and Flax Seed Oil,

I am going to treat him with Flax seed fresh powder only now along with echinachea. That should help him. Hes had this going since he was born, good bad, good ,bad....

Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Return to Health Issues