OFFICIAL ear cropping/tail docking debate thread

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
anjomi1986
Newborn Bully

Postby anjomi1986 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:51 pm

I kind of think about my pets as my animal babies. So if I am not gonna motify my kids (ie, I didnt circ my son [not to be to personal]) then I will NOT do it to my dog. Humans and animals are beautiful the way they are. Whole and untouched. Now I do think it IS ok to get tatoos and piercing and what not when you are at the age of consent. Animals do not have a say, so no they dont need to be cut or cropped or whatever. I do think tatoos can be amazing works of art on humans but animals dont need to be changed. It is painful and unnessary, and besides I think things like cutting/ cropping are shallow.

Bluebear
Super Bully

Postby Bluebear » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:20 pm

I love my Blue just the way God made him. No cropped ears, no docked tails.

~Robyn

Michael
Super Bully

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:22 pm

I figure if my son got circumsized I probably shouldn't say anything to somebody that gets their dog cropped.

I personally like the look of well cropped ears, but think that it adds to the steroetyping that happens with the breed.

u-turn
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby u-turn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:31 pm

im not sure if this is the right thread for this, but...

will my pups ears (the way they lay change or is this a preview of how they will be.
this is the first male that i have not crop'd. dont get me wrong i love cropped ears if done right. but i have just decieded not to on him.

if this is how they will be , i may try to ear glueing tech. that i just read

Bully
Newborn Bully

Ear cropping

Postby Bully » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Old time dog fighters mostly did not crop their dogs ear due to what someone else also posted cause it left the ear canal open to serious injury! The cropping of dogs ears came from the show ring and people who cared about looks like the a.k.c. nazis. If you wouldnt breed for looks why cut your dogs ears for looks!!!! NOW dont get me wrong I'm not against it but pitbulls are already good looking dogs and just dont need nothing to make them better looking!!!!

pit_amor
Newborn Bully

Postby pit_amor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:09 pm

I don't think dogs should be cropped or docked. It takes away from how they are meant to be. I think they are perfect the way God made them.
:inlove:

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Re: Ear cropping

Postby rgyoung777 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Bully wrote: The cropping of dogs ears came from the show ring and people who cared about looks like the a.k.c. nazis.

I am pretty sure that the practice of ear cropping predates conformation showing, so this is, in fact, incorrect. Same goes for tail docking.

ssandiegoBOLTS
Newborn Bully

Postby ssandiegoBOLTS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:28 pm

i like all pits cropped or not docked or not its all the same they are an amazing breed and i dont care if you do anything to them as long as they are a good dog and you treat them proper

stay true

Postby stay true » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:39 am

When we got Pepsi it wasn't even a thought in our mind whether or not to get her ears cropped/tail docked . I won't discriminate against people who do it, but I will never do it myself. Pepsi has a dipstick tail, and when Eric and I realized that tail docking/ears cropping was actually an option it even fueled our decision to not do it. Not ONE person has successfully stated her to be a pitbull, everyone either asks if she's a boxer or asks with a puzzling expression "Is she a pitbull?". She may also have a little boxer in her, which really shows in her longer legs and snout. The ears really give her a playful, docile look. Except that tail...when she shakes her body turns into a whip that WILL bruise legs!

So I am personally against it, but if you do it it's none of my business. And in regards to circumcision-that actually aids in lessening infections that occur in the uncircumsized. I don't really think you can 100% compare the two, because as far as I am concerned ear cropping is for aesthetics only. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I find nothing pleasant about putting your loved animal through pain so they can have the purebred look.

falldeepintoxen

Postby falldeepintoxen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:08 pm

staytrue- What's a dipstick tail?

Xen has a gay tail...and I think it's endearing. It curls over, and makes her look even goofier than she already is.

I wouldn't pay to have any dog of mine cropped, but I am not against adopting a dog who's been cropped. I tend to prefer longer crops, though, rather than the shorter ones, and I like the 'battle crops' even less.

I've seen many dogs on this forum who have beautiful dogs with gorgeous crops. :))

stay true

Postby stay true » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:36 am

falldeepintoxen wrote:staytrue- What's a dipstick tail?

Xen has a gay tail...and I think it's endearing. It curls over, and makes her look even goofier than she already is.

I wouldn't pay to have any dog of mine cropped, but I am not against adopting a dog who's been cropped. I tend to prefer longer crops, though, rather than the shorter ones, and I like the 'battle crops' even less.

I've seen many dogs on this forum who have beautiful dogs with gorgeous crops. :))

Haha sorry I should have explained. I call it a dipstick tail because it looks like her tail was dipped in paint! It is half fawn and the rest of the half to the tip of her tail is white. It's really cute. I think I got the term dipstick from 101 Dalmations, where one of the dogs was named Dipstick for that exact reason.

franky_402
Newborn Bully

Postby franky_402 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:38 am

I personally dont like the cropped ears, i read earlier on that someone said uneducated people think they look meaner and its true, i was showing my mom some pictures of apbt and we came across some with cropps, and her first words were that dog looks mean!! Mind you she is one of those believers that think the dogs brain is overgroving and it will bite anyone once that happens. I shaped her up a little bit and after showing her the raw facts she is even thinking of getting a bully

joemafia
Newborn Bully

Postby joemafia » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:54 am

franky_402 wrote:I personally dont like the cropped ears, i read earlier on that someone said uneducated people think they look meaner and its true, i was showing my mom some pictures of apbt and we came across some with cropps, and her first words were that dog looks mean!! Mind you she is one of those believers that think the dogs brain is overgroving and it will bite anyone once that happens. I shaped her up a little bit and after showing her the raw facts she is even thinking of getting a bully

i could not agree more charlie has big ears and some people dont even know hes a pitbull but still think he looks mean

but if his ears were cropped then it would be even worse i think

plus come on who could get rid of ears like these :))

teddy
Bully Ambassador

Postby teddy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:18 pm

same reason why i didn't crop the ears on my dog...don't get me wrong im all for the cropped ears and docked tails but for some reason or another i just didn't want to be a part of a society that will look at me different and my dog because of the way the ears look on my dog...I love my noah just the way he is and the way god mad him :peace:

I guess to each there own...and we just have to respect that...

PitbullAngel
Newborn Bully

Postby PitbullAngel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:34 pm

I really don't have a preference. I'm not against it if it is done by a liscensed veterinarian. My dog has a very short crop, but she came to me that way of unknown origin. I often wonder what her ears were like, lol.

Return to “Health Issues”