STINKY FEET

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

STINKY FEET

Postby shella677 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:57 pm

8(
My dogs are fairly clean, but the furniture and bed comforters and sheets always have a smell to them. I give them a bath about every 2 weeks and they never seem to have a smell to them, but the whole house smells like dog :yucky: , I happened to smell Ace's feet (don't ask, I'm not sure how that happened either) and they stink horribly. So I figure thats how the furniture and bed get their smell (its the same stinky smell). There's probably nothing I can do, it's inevitable that their feet will smell , b/c of being outside and getting wet. But I'm just curious if anyone elses dogs feet stink? I'll just continue to Febreeze everyday. Even though that dosen't work much either
shella677

Postby shella677 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:00 pm

Yea that's what it is, I was thinking Cheetos, but Fritos fits better. :yucky:
shella677

Postby JCleve86 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:09 pm

The only abnormal thing that pops up in my mind is a nail infection. Short of that, you'll just have to live with a stinky dog! I sympathize...Boxer farts are easily the worst in the world... :yucky:
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby Fish » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:09 pm

What are you feeding the your dogs.
Fish

Postby JessaNGizmo » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:20 pm

Some dogs stink and some dont. Gizmo takes WEEKS to smell and Baloo about 5 minutes after a bath! It just doesnt make since, I dont ever know the REAL smell in my home because my dad is such a pig and leaves everything out. Like today I came home and thought Baloo had pooped in his kennel cause it smelt like it, well it was chicken from a few ngihts ago that my dad made and never cleaned up. But get candles, do febreez and also get plug ins! All those in the same "scent" if possible also! LOL
Jessa

I'll have to let you know in a few months what MY home smells like since we are moving out, PRAY FOR US, to our OWN home in January!
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Re: STINKY FEET

Postby jmann4 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:46 pm

shella677 wrote:8(
My dogs are fairly clean, but the furniture and bed comforters and sheets always have a smell to them. I give them a bath about every 2 weeks and they never seem to have a smell to them, but the whole house smells like dog :yucky: , I happened to smell Ace's feet (don't ask, I'm not sure how that happened either) and they stink horribly. So I figure thats how the furniture and bed get their smell (its the same stinky smell). There's probably nothing I can do, it's inevitable that their feet will smell , b/c of being outside and getting wet. But I'm just curious if anyone elses dogs feet stink? I'll just continue to Febreeze everyday. Even though that dosen't work much either

This is normal. I mean, my dogs walk through some nasty stuff I'm sure.

If it's a problem, frebreeze the areas they are on. I do it once per week at least. Plus everything in my house is covered so, I wash the covers 2-4 times per week as well. Nice and smell free.

You could also let your dogs walk in water to wash off the funk after a good walk.
jmann4

Postby concreterose » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm

My dogs feet stink, so I wash them regularly. They don't smell when I do that. I just use a baby wipe when they come in from outside, and every couple days I'll wash them off with mild hand soap. When they smell, it's like fritos.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:52 pm

I realized that I was a dog freak when I realized that I liked the way a dog smells. Not filthy gross dog who is dirty and neglected, but dogs who are clean and healthy and part of the family.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby shella677 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:00 pm

I'll have to try the baby wipes. And actually I noticed the front paws smell worse than the back ones... am I weird :)) Could be my dogs lick their front paws a lot.

Reba- I'm like that too, but with horses , I love how they smell :oops:
shella677

Postby mnp13 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:20 pm

If your dogs are licking their front feet a lot it could be allergies or yeast. Both will cause irritation and the dog will lick. The constant wet from the licking will encourage more yeast growth...

If you wash your dog's feet, dry them VERY well. Make sure to get way up in between the pads. Keep an eye out for red skin or any swelling, that may be an indication of a problem.

Another great smell - killer is Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution. Just spary it on furniture like you do Fabreeze, it's cheaper, works better and kills the smell instead of covering it.

All that said, I love the way Ruby smells. She has a warm, comforting smell that I almost need to fall asleep now. She doesn't have 'dog smell' (you know, that STINK that stays on your hand after petting some dogs.) However, her farts will kill you.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby X-girl » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:22 pm

roflmao
I can't stop laughing at this thread! Bill and I often call Lola "Stinkfoot". Somehow it derived from "Stinky" when she was a baby. I am compelled to see if her feet smell like Fritos, too, but I think we'll let it happen in it's own due time. lol
X-girl
Regulator

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:24 pm

Fritos? roflmao

You guys are freaks, but at the same time I am compelled to smell my dogs' feet when I get home from work.

later
jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby Erika » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:26 pm

Boxer farts are easily the worst in the world...

I can totally attest to that one. I used to have boxers, and YUK!!
Erika
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby JCleve86 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:58 am

lol...people think pits are gassy...no way.

Dogs sweat from their feet (right?), so maybe your dog is a profuse sweater. We wash the dogs feet pretty regularly (used to wash the carpet bi-weekly, and realized it's much quicker and more economical to just wash the damn feet that cause the problem in the first place), so their tootsies don't reek. It's the ends (BAAAAD gas and the occasional burp) that you have to have a gas-mask on hand for.

When we do wash the tootsies, we use a drop (maybe two) of soap in one of those big mixing bowls mostly filled with warm water. That way its pretty diluted, but still gets the dirt off. Just dip the paws, massage between the toes to get the bits out, and dry thoroughly...takes only a few minutes and works like a charm.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby Ariel Payopay » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:03 am

littlefoot wrote:Well my dogs feet smell like well FRITOS! lol

Stitch too! roflmao
Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Next

Return to Health Issues