Stupid Question

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
patchie

Stupid Question

Postby patchie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:29 pm

i think i know the answer but everyone wants to fight with me about it so... here it goes, i want to get another pit a male one so when they get older i and breed my female... anyways i stupid little question is.. my brother told me to go to the same place where i got my female and get a male and have they have pups... umm i cant do that, bcz they would be from the same mother and father... isnt that like a human who is related (like bro & sis) having a baby and have bad birth defect? he told me i was nuts and that it would be fine... i think hes alil off his rocker.. hes like you always see the good breeders with the same bloodline.. please help me.. i think im right it just seems to be odd.. to have have them breed when they would be from the same parents..

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:32 pm

IF you decide to breed....

You can breed dogs with the same paren'ts if you done your research. Apollo's mom is also his dad's mom...

Dtwo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Dtwo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:32 pm

Uh oh. . . :bolt:

aaronchpmn
Adolescent Bully

Postby aaronchpmn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:35 pm

well in some states its common practice to have "relations" with your sisters :po: i'm not gonna go off on you like i usually would all i'm gonna say is this:

1)get your girl spayed
2)do some research before you decide you want to breed, and after you feel youve researched enough..... RESEARCH SOME MORE
3)do something else with your spayed dog while you learn about apbt's
4)when your fully educated and ready to breed go to a shelter and see how many apbt puppies are there before you fully decide to pollute your state with more unwanted puppies

patchie

Postby patchie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:35 pm

okay, i just did think it was possible guess i was WAY wrong ty

patchie

Postby patchie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 pm

opps Didnt

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Re: Stupid Question

Postby Linariel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 pm

patchie wrote:i think i know the answer but everyone wants to fight with me about it so... here it goes, i want to get another pit a male one so when they get older i and breed my female... anyways i stupid little question is.. my brother told me to go to the same place where i got my female and get a male and have they have pups... umm i cant do that, bcz they would be from the same mother and father... isnt that like a human who is related (like bro & sis) having a baby and have bad birth defect? he told me i was nuts and that it would be fine... i think hes alil off his rocker.. hes like you always see the good breeders with the same bloodline.. please help me.. i think im right it just seems to be odd.. to have have them breed when they would be from the same parents..

I think you're both wrong about everything you said.

Circe
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Circe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:43 pm

You need to spay your dog. There's your answer.

Vanella
Super Bully
Location: Brentwood, Northern Cali. It's a whole different world

Re: Stupid Question

Postby Vanella » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:45 pm

patchie wrote:i think i know the answer but everyone wants to fight with me about it so... here it goes, i want to get another pit a male one so when they get older i and breed my female... anyways i stupid little question is.. my brother told me to go to the same place where i got my female and get a male and have they have pups... umm i cant do that, bcz they would be from the same mother and father... isnt that like a human who is related (like bro & sis) having a baby and have bad birth defect? he told me i was nuts and that it would be fine... i think hes alil off his rocker.. hes like you always see the good breeders with the same bloodline.. please help me.. i think im right it just seems to be odd.. to have have them breed when they would be from the same parents..

WOW. I guess telling you how ridiculous it is to breed this COMPLETELY OVERBRED Breed (pits in case you couldn't follow me) is going to be redundant right? I mean you have read all the posts here about breeding???

Why do you want to breed? For the Money? No wait, cuz your bitch is sooo nice you want to further her line? Are you going to do any health testing? Has your dog passed any health or temperment testing? Is she is a registered show dog?

:crazy:

GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:45 pm

If you need to ask then you shouldnt be breeding IMHO

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:54 pm

This is a very anti-breeding forum, and justly so. You are asking a question that deserves a real answer though. You are arguing in-breeding verses line breeding.

Mother to son, father to daughter, and litter mate or full sibling breedings are considered inbreeding in animals. Half-sibling and grandsire to grand pup, cousin to cousin, aunt or uncle to neice or nephew are considered line breeding. Both in breeding and line breeding are acceptable so long as you really know what you're doing. Myths about birth defects are common...however, consider the fact that there would be no pure bred animals at all without extensive in breeding, at least in the past of any breed.
Inbreeding and line breeding have both their good and bad points. If the animals that are being bred have any genetic flaws, those flaws tend to magnify with these breeding practices. However, the same can be said for positive genetic qualities.

patchie

Postby patchie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:57 pm

no im not breeding her for the money she is a eye dog for (my 4 yr old daughter) and the people asked me if i could help out bcz the dogs they have gotten will not work out, bcz our town has none who is willing to help then, the shelter here will not give them puppies even if they pay them for them... and i offered to do this since my daughter was so young she wouldnt need her for awhile, bcz for one she is homeschooled and two i thought i would help alittle more then the town... i have busted my butt to get the county to help them but they wont, and some dogs we have got from shelters end up not working out.. sorry if i pi**ed you off i just asked a question and i told them if i do this i will PAY for all of the dogs to be fixed...

IamaDick
Addicted to PBF

Postby IamaDick » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:57 pm

Just to throw some facts out there.

Thousands of dogs just like the ones you are trying to breed die EVERY DAY!! Not week, month or year, but DAY!! Do you really want to add to that by breeding more?? Im surprised nobody has flamed the crap out of you yet, but you really should do some research on this breed before you decide to do that. Do you know that statistically atleast half of your pups that are born will be PTS by the time they are 2 years old?? Do you really want to do that.

IamaDick
Addicted to PBF

Postby IamaDick » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 pm

If your city, town, or county wont help, then maybe someone on here can get you some good rescue pups. That would be MUCH better then breeding.

patchie

Postby patchie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 pm

sorry i just asked if is was wrong to breed with the same parents.. i understand where you all come from with breeding unwanted dogs... trust me our shelter is un real and you would think they would help instead of killing the dogs... and i understand if most of you will b*tch at me.. i knew that when i wrote it sorry i should have explained it alittle better..

Return to “Health Issues”