dog food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

dog food?

Postby phil me in » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:13 pm

which is the best for a young APBT. and which is best for an adult. i would prefer dry dog food but i could occasionally get canned. someone tell me a diet that has worked good for them.

thanks in advance,
phil me in

Postby phil me in » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:16 pm

oops sorry for putting this topic in the wrong place. :oops:
phil me in

Postby Diane Jessup » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:22 pm

Bet every single person has a different diet, but all work!

Interesting question. I have fed all major brands that reside on the west coast.

I have found Cosco Kirkland brand to fit my and my dog's needs very well. It is only about $15 a bag, is not too high in protein for the older crowd, is good enough for the pups, and works great for the competition dogs.

I suppliment with a lot of raw meat and bones, and in the fall the dogs live on raw meat almost exclusively for about 2 months. My dogs also eat everything I eat, we are one big share and share alike family. Except, you know, I never want what they are eating!!! :)
Diane Jessup

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:59 pm

I feed Holistic Blend. My dogs seem to really like it, and it's been made wtih human-grade ingrediants, and doesn't contain things like corn, soy, beet pulp, etc, that some dogs are allergic to. Ther's also no BHA, BHT, etc.
Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:01 pm

I am currently feeding Diamond to my adult dogs.

Good brands are Chicken Soup for the dog lover soul, Natural Balance, Cannidae, Solid Gold, Innova, Wellness.

there are more but that's all I can think of.

Basically just stay away from the real crappy brands like Purina, Ol Roy, Maxximum Nutrition, Alpo, Pro Plan, Science Diet, etc.

Postby Hipacker » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:34 am

And stay away from IAms :headbang: people don't like it on here i can see and im going to try sum solid gold

Return to Health Issues