dog food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

dog food?

Postby phil me in » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:13 pm

which is the best for a young APBT. and which is best for an adult. i would prefer dry dog food but i could occasionally get canned. someone tell me a diet that has worked good for them.

thanks in advance,
Phil
phil me in

Postby phil me in » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:16 pm

oops sorry for putting this topic in the wrong place. :oops:
phil me in

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:22 pm

Bet every single person has a different diet, but all work!

Interesting question. I have fed all major brands that reside on the west coast.

I have found Cosco Kirkland brand to fit my and my dog's needs very well. It is only about $15 a bag, is not too high in protein for the older crowd, is good enough for the pups, and works great for the competition dogs.

I suppliment with a lot of raw meat and bones, and in the fall the dogs live on raw meat almost exclusively for about 2 months. My dogs also eat everything I eat, we are one big share and share alike family. Except, you know, I never want what they are eating!!! :)
Diane Jessup

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:59 pm

I feed Holistic Blend. My dogs seem to really like it, and it's been made wtih human-grade ingrediants, and doesn't contain things like corn, soy, beet pulp, etc, that some dogs are allergic to. Ther's also no BHA, BHT, etc.

http://www.holisticblend.com
Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:01 pm

I am currently feeding Diamond to my adult dogs.

Good brands are Chicken Soup for the dog lover soul, Natural Balance, Cannidae, Solid Gold, Innova, Wellness.

there are more but that's all I can think of.

Basically just stay away from the real crappy brands like Purina, Ol Roy, Maxximum Nutrition, Alpo, Pro Plan, Science Diet, etc.

:peace:
AllAmericanPUP

Postby Hipacker » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:34 am

And stay away from IAms :headbang: people don't like it on here i can see and im going to try sum solid gold
Hipacker

Return to Health Issues